MY Excel stock tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY Excel stock tracker - UPDATED 1.3 :)

Hil,

Still a noobie as far as trading is concerned so cant help much on that ground..
Am a techie so helping in a way I can ...

I coded an excel sheet capable of downloading quotes ...
So wanted to share it with all you friends..

If you have to closely track a list of scrips this will be of great help...

How to use:

1. UNZIP (using winzip... or whatever u like)
2. Double click on My Tracker.xls
3. A prompt(macro warning) will appear click on Enable macros
4. This sheet downloads data from Yahoo.co.in , so u have to use there symbols. The existing file contains the symbols I used to track.. You can delete them and put your own...
5.(If u r connected to the net )Now click on the Get Data button .. data will be refreshed.

I keep refreshing the data... and also refresh the data EOD.. everyday.

Tip: Login to Yahoo from your computer with the option Remember me on this computer selected... This way the excel sheet gives you LIVE NSE quotes .. BSE quotes are delayed by 15 mins

I hope you will like it...
Any issues please shout back :)

Thanks..
Amit

Upadated the program to handle more than one worksheet ... So stocks can be placed on diffrent sheets... to keep things clean... check out

Upadated to version 1.2 ... Now displays quotes like 1.21 , 1.26 etc... Initially it was showing only in multiple of 10

Updated to version 1.3 ... Added a sheet for INTRADAY informations

Version 1.4 ... Bug fixed ..

Code:
Hey Amit,

Gr8 utility. Downloaded it last nite and now playing with it. Amazing.

a small roadblock though.

If I have more than 48 scripts to view at the same time then I encounter the following problem.

The 49th script shows the rate of 50th script, the 50th script shows the rate of 51st script and so on.

Can u work out a soln. for the same.

Regards,
Sanjoy

Last edited:
Could you also post the src code of this, so it can be extended for tracking futures as well as options. In fact the forum folks could extend it to do a multitude of tasks...if you dont mind pls share the macro source.

thanks in advance

Hi AmitKr---,
Thanks for ur contribution----I too agree with blrboy----If u can share the source code for benefit of all(At least to those who wont use it for their own professional purposes---of selling the code)----we all can really extend it to numerous other aspects of trading-----

mail id:[email protected]

Thanks,
Regards,
joy_mitali

joy_mitali said:
Hi AmitKr---,
Thanks for ur contribution----I too agree with blrboy----If u can share the source code for benefit of all(At least to those who wont use it for their own professional purposes---of selling the code)----we all can really extend it to numerous other aspects of trading-----

mail id:[email protected]

Thanks,
Regards,
joy_mitali

I believe in open source :)
The macro vba password for this file is goodwork

Any suggestion please lemme know... I will be more than happy to contribute in a way I can
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.