MY Excel stock tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
ksvelusamy said:
Can I use this for intraday analysis. If possible how can i use this. pse let me know.
Honestly I never tried intraday ....
Dun know what kind of tracking you need...

If u could tell me what kind of tracking one needs for intraday... I might help

Thanks

Re: MY Excel stock tracker - UPDATED :)

amitkr said:
Hil,

Still a noobie as far as trading is concerned so cant help much on that ground..
Am a techie so helping in a way I can ...

I coded an excel sheet capable of downloading quotes ...
So wanted to share it with all you friends..

If you have to closely track a list of scrips this will be of great help...

How to use:

1. UNZIP (using winzip... or whatever u like)
2. Double click on My Tracker.xls
3. A prompt(macro warning) will appear click on Enable macros
4. This sheet downloads data from Yahoo.co.in , so u have to use there symbols. The existing file contains the symbols I used to track.. You can delete them and put your own...
5.(If u r connected to the net )Now click on the Get Data button .. data will be refreshed.

I keep refreshing the data... and also refresh the data EOD.. everyday.

Tip: Login to Yahoo from your computer with the option Remember me on this computer selected... This way the excel sheet gives you LIVE NSE quotes .. BSE quotes are delayed by 15 mins

I hope you will like it...
Any issues please shout back :)

Thanks..
Amit

Upadated the program to handle more than one worksheet ... So stocks can be placed on diffrent sheets... to keep things clean... check out
Dear Amit,

Being myself a techie, I appreciate your selfless contribution. Good work man. Keep it up.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

Dear Amit,

My name is Richard and I am starting to invest on the Indian stock market. I am considering using your Excel sheet. With the profits we will make we will start an innovative school in Bangalore to educate children and awaken their potential to be powerful leaders whose lives make a difference in in their communities.

Have a few questions:
How do I change the Macro "Get Stock Quotes" you made?
Is it correct that the quotes are multiplie by 10?
(maybe your amount of stocks?)
Is it correct that in the low and high values today is not included?
How do I copy today (at end of day) in such a way that low and high values are adjusted?

Please email me back on [email protected]

Thanks,

Richard

Dear Richar,
After a long time---I have found someone---with such noble ideas(There do exit a few others too in this forum)---I also do plan somewhat the same----in ideas ---if not in implementation----Carry on friend---whatever u need to know about Indian Market----I will try to help as much as i know----Even I m trying to see what more modifications can be made in Amit's Exel traker---
Do not restrict urself with Bangalore only---Other pparts of India too needs such innovations-----See what u can do for them---
Again a thanks to Amit---for his Great Heart---
Regards,
joy_mitali

degr said:
Dear Amit,

May name is Richard and I am starting to invest on the Indian stock market. I am considering using your Excel sheet. With the profits we will make we will start an innovative school in Bangalore to educate children and awaken their potential to be powerful leaders whose lives make a difference in in their communities.

Have a few questions:
(maybe your amount of stocks?)
How do I copy today (at end of day) in such a way that low and high values are adjusted?

Please email me back on [email protected]

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard...

My god help you with your noble ideas..

Code:
Well if you know VBA.. u can open the code and do the required modifications.. OR you can tell me your requirements and if feasible and possible I will be implementing them for you

Code:
Call it a bug....
I fixed it (check version 1.2) Now it gives quotes like 1.21 .. 1.26 etc

Code:
Well I think today is included in low and high values...

Code:
I didn't get this... Need a lil more explanation...

I hope this is of help..

Updated the version to 1.2

Thanks

Dear Amit,
thanx for replying to me. I jus want to get the intra day high, low, open and current price. Is it possible to get these details from ur excellant work
thanking you

ksvelusamy said:
Dear Amit,
thanx for replying to me. I jus want to get the intra day high, low, open and current price. Is it possible to get these details from ur excellant work
thanking you

Hi ,
Check out the latest version 1.3.... Added a sheet for Intraday....
I hope this will solve your purpose....

Thanks...

Ak

Status
Not open for further replies.