My EOD trades

rh6996

I was doing Intraday trading and the results were nothing to talk about. Though the strategy would give positive results if traded with discipline, which I lakced during Day trading, getting swayed by TV and other traders views at my broker's place.
I am now trading both : Intraday as well as Positional trades based on RT chart converted to EOD.

My latest entry was in Aban : Long on 1st January @ 385.20 , I will add more qty above 395.20
(Earlier recent trades in Aban was : Long >390.20 , did a high of 403.85 giving a profit of ~ Rs.13/- per share but exited below 387.00 with a loss of 3.20 per share. My T1 was 405 where I would have exited but that did not happen. Actually 387 was a reversal to short but Aban is no longer in futures hence couldnt short, otherwise it went down to 373.70, again could have given a profit of ~Rs13+ ! )
This is my weak point. I err in deciding exit level. Any views on where to exit when trading EOD charts or what strategy to use to decide on Exit level!!! :p

umeshmandal

I was doing Intraday trading and the results were nothing to talk about. Though the strategy would give positive results if traded with discipline, which I lakced during Day trading, getting swayed by TV and other traders views at my broker's place.
I am now trading both : Intraday as well as Positional trades based on RT chart converted to EOD.

My latest entry was in Aban : Long on 1st January @ 385.20 , I will add more qty above 395.20
(Earlier recent trades in Aban was : Long >390.20 , did a high of 403.85 giving a profit of ~ Rs.13/- per share but exited below 387.00 with a loss of 3.20 per share. My T1 was 405 where I would have exited but that did not happen. Actually 387 was a reversal to short but Aban is no longer in futures hence couldnt short, otherwise it went down to 373.70, again could have given a profit of ~Rs13+ ! )
This is my weak point. I err in deciding exit level. Any views on where to exit when trading EOD charts or what strategy to use to decide on Exit level!!! :p
How long have you traded this strategy?
Can you Post a chart ? If willing do share your strategy here. :p
How about posting results of actual trading for any script you have actually traded for about 6 months.

rh6996

I have been trading this strategy since 1st July 2012 very regularly. Small quantities in various cash shares. Cannot take benefit of "shorts" . It is simply based on Fractals/Pivots ! Never consistently traded a single stock but entered and exited for smaller gains. Need to streamline this aspect. I did trade SBI jointly with another person as 125 share lot of SBI was BIG for me. We have traded both long and short from 1st April. Recently on 11th November got a BIG whip as FnO mkt froze for few minutes. Lost large amount in a single day. Any remedy for such rare events?

rh6996

I err in deciding exit level. Any views on where to exit when trading EOD charts or what strategy to use to decide on Exit level!!! :p
I added same qty (200 shares) above 395.20 (earlier entered at 385.20). I exited 200 at 400 and holding 200. Saved on brokerage as this was a Buy and Sell of 200 shares Intraday.
Now holding 200 with a breakeven of ~381 and Close was >396.00 :D Shall trail the position with SL but difficult to maintain overnight !

There was a Buy Signal in Edcucomp today but missed it. It was a Buy above : 143.25

rh6996

I added same qty (200 shares) above 395.20 (earlier entered at 385.20). I exited 200 at 400 and holding 200. Saved on brokerage as this was a Buy and Sell of 200 shares Intraday.
Now holding 200 with a breakeven of ~381 and Close was >396.00 :D Shall trail the position with SL but difficult to maintain overnight !

There was a Buy Signal in Edcucomp today but missed it. It was a Buy above : 143.25
Exited 200 Aban at 405.20 and got a chance and entered Educmop on 7th at 144.00.

ABAN as per chart is still long with a TSL at 395.
Educomp has a TSL at 143.80 on closing basis and 142.80 to exit if breached intraday.

rh6996

New trade : Buy Zicom above 90.55 ! Trade not triggered.
My system throws out a number of SELL calls also but Sell cannot be initiated in Cash Scripts!! :(

Last edited: