My EOD Stock trades......updated regularly

What kind of stock market returns p.a. would you be happy with on a consistent basis?

• 12-20% (Beating Fixed Deposits & Inflation)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • 50%+

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Whatever the market gives (Negative to 0 to 100%+)

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nifty Trader

Open Positions:

1) Berger Paints bought on 22nd July @ 134.15, TSL below 133.7. CMP - 139.85
2) DCM Ltd bought on 24th July @ 143.95, TSL below 141. CMP - 178.5
3) Adani Ent shorted on 28th July @ 187, TSL above 189.1. CMP - 181
4) Granules India bought on 2nd Aug @ 144, SL below 132. CMP - 141.2

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL). Complete trading records can be found on Page 12.

Shorted BEML a while back.
Thanks NT
As is evident from the posts, once the system shortlists , you also use your own logic on which stocks to enter from the generated list.
If you could give your reasoning along with the entry, it would help newbies like me to better appreciate the logic. It need not be elaborate,just a couple of lines at your own convenience would do.
Regards.

Nifty Trader

Open Positions:

1) Berger Paints bought on 22nd July @ 134.15, TSL below 133.7. CMP - 139.8
2) DCM Ltd bought on 24th July @ 143.95, TSL below 141. CMP - 179.1
3) Adani Ent shorted on 28th July @ 187, TSL above 189.1. CMP - 178.7
4) Granules India bought on 2nd Aug @ 144, SL below 132. CMP - 141.15
5) Bajaj Finance bought today (9th Aug) @ 1073.5, SL below 1020. CMP - 1106.35
6) BEML shorted today (9th Aug) @ 309.5, SL above 327.2. CMP - 302.3

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL). Complete trading records can be found on Page 12.

Snippets:

Our lost opportunity V-Guard Ind hit 421 yesterday extending lost gains to 30%. :mad: Now, though, it looks overstretched and should correct.

Nifty Trader

Thanks NT
As is evident from the posts, once the system shortlists , you also use your own logic on which stocks to enter from the generated list.
If you could give your reasoning along with the entry, it would help newbies like me to better appreciate the logic. It need not be elaborate,just a couple of lines at your own convenience would do.
Regards.
Hi Jatinder. Most of that logic is derived from the system rules which I, unfortunately, cannot share as the system and the rules belong to the organization.

However, I will tell you this. I enter only those stocks whose charts I find attractive and satisfy almost all the criteria of the system (software + rules). Basically, I am entering only the choicest stocks and hence, getting good results. This is also why you might see me entering longs even when markets appear bearish or shorts when markets seem bullish or like today entering one short as well as one long :) Basically, I am betting that my stock is so good that it will go in its intended direction even if the overall market goes in the opposite direction. It doesnt always happen but has happened enough times for me to have confidence in taking such trades.

Another big part of the reason I am able to identify these stocks is the amount of time spent backtesting the system. Backtesting your system is something I would very strongly recommend to any beginner. It not only saves you from costly mistakes but simulates live trading and makes you an expert in a fraction of the time it woudl take you otherwise. Just imagine. You can backtest 5 years worth of charts in probably as little as 2 weeks. While there is no substitute for live trading, there is no substitute fo backtesting either :p

Hope this has helped a bit.

Nifty Trader

Open Positions:

1) Berger Paints bought on 22nd July @ 134.15, TSL below 133.7. TSL hit. Exited @ 132.8. Loss = 1.01%
2) DCM Ltd bought on 24th July @ 143.95, TSL below 141. CMP - 179.75
3) Adani Ent shorted on 28th July @ 187, TSL above 189.1. CMP - 178.8
4) Granules India bought on 2nd Aug @ 144, SL below 132. CMP - 139.2
5) Bajaj Finance bought on 9th Aug @ 1073.5, SL below 1020. CMP - 1111
6) BEML shorted on 9th Aug @ 309.5, SL above 327.2. CMP - 289.4

Snippets:

BEML dropping as expected. Down by Rs. 20 / 6.5% in 2 days.

Berger Paints TSL hit today. Position closed with a negligible loss.

This thread is very interesting for me.I am new to stock market.Can you explain me the terms like short ,long and other terms which are used often on this forum?
And another question cau you tell me how much amount hav you put in this market at beginning and what is your current amount?
regards.

Nifty Trader

This thread is very interesting for me.I am new to stock market.Can you explain me the terms like short ,long and other terms which are used often on this forum?
And another question cau you tell me how much amount hav you put in this market at beginning and what is your current amount?
regards.
Hi Saurabh. Welcome to the financial jungle :D

Long means a simple buy position. You buy a stock when you anticipate that it will go up. For example, you buy a stock @ lets say Rs. 100 and then a few days later sell it for Rs. 110. Rs. 10 is your profit.

Short is the exact opposite. Here, you will sell a stock at a higher price when you anticipate that it will go down. For example, you will short (sell) a stock @ Rs. 100 and then a few days later buy it back @ Rs. 90. Your profit is Rs. 10. If the stock goes up instead of going down then you will incur a loss to the extent that it goes above Rs. 100.

Intraday shorting is allowed in all scrips but you have to close your position before the market closes.

Positional shorting is allowed in the Futures segment where you can short from a selected basket of stocks and carry the position overnight.

I will be putting up an updated overview of the account in the next few days. You can gauge the profits from that. This, being a public forum, one should not disclose personal financial details.

Thanks for your reply.I have read somewhere that you can also bet on the price of perticular companies share.and when you predict correctly you wins the bet and you will earn like 700% or more and if you lose the bet then you will loose your 100% that you agreed for bet.IS there any kind of treading like this?

Hi Saurabh. Welcome to the financial jungle :D
I will be putting up an updated overview of the account in the next few days. You can gauge the profits from that. This, being a public forum, one should not disclose personal financial details.
And by this question i only wanted to know how much % you earn monthly and annuly so that it will exite me for trading.
Ok thanks again.

Nifty Trader

Thanks for your reply.I have read somewhere that you can also bet on the price of perticular companies share.and when you predict correctly you wins the bet and you will earn like 700% or more and if you lose the bet then you will loose your 100% that you agreed for bet.IS there any kind of treading like this?

And by this question i only wanted to know how much % you earn monthly and annuly so that it will exite me for trading.
Ok thanks again.
To answer your first question, it is possible. What you are referring to are Options (part of FNO segment). Of course, all this is easier said than done. You need to understand options and how they work esp. time decay before you even think of trading them. To the layman, they seem exciting because of the high return possibilities and also the low perceived risk. However, imho, options are the riskiest if you dont know what you are doing.

On the second query, never limit yourself by other peoples goals :D I have met traders who target 20% return per month and have been successful. My personal goal is to make 80-100% on an annual basis without having any significant drawdown (portfolio loss) in between.

Imo, you can have monthly goals only if you trade shorter timeframes. My suggestion would be to first target not losing money since you are a beginner. Once you have achieved this consistently, then you can aim for a 6 monthly target depending on your strategy. Once you achieve this for at least a year then probably you can start with quarterly goals.

This thread continues at http://www.traderji.com/position-trading/72835-my-eod-stock-trades-updated-regularly-part-2-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.