My entry in the Market was on 21st Jan (more than 2000 points down)

It was the unlucky day, I started trading in Share market. It started like this.

DLF was above Rs. 1100, and when it was closed at Rs. 1005 on 20th of January, I decided to buy it. in the morning at 9 am (as i would be busy at 10 am), I did my first trade and i placed an order to buy 5 DLF, but it was rejected due to some error (as it was my first trade without any training), at 11 am I found that the price of DLF was 958, so i gladly bought 10 shares. and the market started falling badly on that day and till today.

it happens to me everytime that whatever i start in any field, luck is always against me..

but still not loosing hope.

I have following holdings at following average.

20 DLF at Rs. 787/-
120 Rel Petro at Rs. 161/-
200 RNRL at Rs. 150/-
15 RPOWER at Rs. 430/-

I find this site very helpful and especially the experts are always ready to guide us without any selfishness.

I dont have more to invest in it and dont want to invest more money in it.. so rightnow i m planning to lower the average of my holdings. can anyone help me.

regards

Jignesh

U

uasish

Jignesh,

It is better to avg. when you are somewhat assured that the down fall of the Mkt is arrested.Otherwise you may have to avg few more times .
So in your case the begginer's luck did not work,however dont worry ,may be your holding time period will be prolonged but in the mean time try to garner some knowledge from different threads here.

Asish

Thank you Ashish for ur reply.

I know that I'll have to wait for long to get my average rate, but mean time, I've planned to make my average down.

RPL and DLF is ok, but RNRL ave. is high, and I have to wait for Bonus shares of RPOWER in April.

This Forum is very nice, and you know i'm always surfing through this whenever i get time. but there's a lot to learn here and less time, i've completed very few threads here, but i find it very interesting to read it, to post and to get replies from the ppl like you.

Thanks again.

Jignesh

Thank you Ashish for ur reply.

I know that I'll have to wait for long to get my average rate, but mean time, I've planned to make my average down.

RPL and DLF is ok, but RNRL ave. is high, and I have to wait for Bonus shares of RPOWER in April.

This Forum is very nice, and you know i'm always surfing through this whenever i get time. but there's a lot to learn here and less time, i've completed very few threads here, but i find it very interesting to read it, to post and to get replies from the ppl like you.

Thanks again.

Jignesh
Sigh.....

May I make a humble suggestion,Jignesh....please,please find out the nuances of trading/investing before getting into actual situations.....

Investing is not as simple as averaging downwards......as markets dump,you are going to be forced to exit at great losses.

Please educate yourself now.......invest later!

Saint

Sigh.....

May I make a humble suggestion,Jignesh....please,please find out the nuances of trading/investing before getting into actual situations.....

Investing is not as simple as averaging downwards......as markets dump,you are going to be forced to exit at great losses.

Please educate yourself now.......invest later!

Saint
Thank you Saint, for showing concern..
That's what I felt after going through this forum for last 3-4 days.. Investing is not simple, u r 100% right, and i do respect ur advice.

I also felt that i've done it without knowing it, but thing is you can not know it without entering it.. you know, now I am showing this much interest, because I have invested my money.. and now I really think that all I need is a good guidance and education.

Thank you very much, Thank this forum too..

I'll consider on each and every suggestion of seniors here whether it seems bitter or not.

regards

Jignesh