My Desktop computer is not booting up with no sign on screen at all?

lvgandhi

Ravi,

Me too having same problem. I presume it is fault at BSNL Servers. As usual they never accept their faults.....:D
It may be router problem also. I got modem cum router from BSNL in 2006. I also had the same problem. When I reported BSNL engineer came and checked. He also said modem cum router is OK. But I fed up and changed ADSL modem cum router. Now I don't have the problem.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
It may be router problem also. I got modem cum router from BSNL in 2006. I also had the same problem. When I reported BSNL engineer came and checked. He also said modem cum router is OK. But I fed up and changed ADSL modem cum router. Now I don't have the problem.
my modem cum router is siemens SL2_141. its 3-4 years old. may be you are correct.

godfather

my modem cum router is siemens SL2_141. its 3-4 years old. may be you are correct.
:)me too having bsnl modem n router ...normally this problem happens due to Modem and Router combination comes and some connection problem in PPPoE LlcBridged protocol connection and this can be resolved by same method mentioned by ravi...another method is their u can disable LAN connection to modem then enable through control panel...it will be ok....:)mine is Teracom...

TraderRavi

low risk profile
:)me too having bsnl modem n router ...normally this problem happens due to Modem and Router combination comes and some connection problem in PPPoE LlcBridged protocol connection and this can be resolved by same method mentioned by ravi...another method is their u can disable LAN connection to modem then enable through control panel...it will be ok....:)mine is Teracom...
can you write in detail this 2nd method.....:thumb:

godfather

can you write in detail this 2nd method.....:thumb:
yes ravi:)...
1.go to control panel - 2.network connections there your LAN connection enabled will see....3.then r8 click disable/repair then enable it back
u can see ur lan l8 will be back in modem net connected back ...when ever i am getting connection problem i am using this method time saving:)

Note:use repair only if ur IP address not entered manually...:):)try and tell me ...:thumb:

Hi,

You have done possibly everything so the problem should be with RAM or Mother board(rarely with SMPS(POWER SUPPLY)).

pls do this also

1.remove all front panel cables and short the pwr btn pin and chk(if u have mother board manual it will be better).

1.a.take cmos battery out and chk (silver coin like thing.. remove carefully)

2.if u have connected too many drives to SMPS.(MAKE IT TO HDD ONLY). and chk

3.JUST give only power supply to mother board, don't give supply to any drives.
connect keyboard and chk.

try all these still if u encounter problem . take to service centre if it is under warranty(do u have bill) (WARRanty usually 1yrs to 3yrs depends upon the products and manufacturers).

one good solution change (mobo+processor+ram) if it is old.

better specify config next time.

with cheers,
narayan.
i've tried every solution you gave.:down:
my configs are :
dual core processor
2gb ddr2 ram
320 gb sata hdd
& its 3 yrs. old

godfather

i've tried every solution you gave.:down:
my configs are :
dual core processor
2gb ddr2 ram
320 gb sata hdd
& its 3 yrs. old
:)just try 1. put your windows CD and see any response???
2. try to press F8 at the time of booting???
3.any thing installed any error messages earlier?? already checked your RAM,MB,FAN and all correct?? do on more thing if their is any dust around their clean all including all ports...if all these methods failed...may be chance for a hardware booting failure may be HD...because MB working fine with all L8 indication @ bottom???try and tell me lets clear it ok i will also search for your answer if its not resolved....:)

:)just try 1. put your windows CD and see any response???
2. try to press F8 at the time of booting???
3.any thing installed any error messages earlier?? already checked your RAM,MB,FAN and all correct?? do on more thing if their is any dust around their clean all including all ports...if all these methods failed...may be chance for a hardware booting failure may be HD...because MB working fine with all L8 indication @ bottom???try and tell me lets clear it ok i will also search for your answer if its not resolved....:)
Still no response:down: