My Desktop computer is getting restarted again & again

pakatil

Did virus scan which showed lots of cleaned and deleted virus.It is not restarting frequently now.Will have to ask technician to reinstall the OS.
Good to know that it is behaving better. Nothing better than a clean Reinstall of OS. Run again Virus scan on new system to make sure Virus is totally cleaned,

Cheers

Good to know that it is behaving better. Nothing better than a clean Reinstall of OS. Run again Virus scan on new system to make sure Virus is totally cleaned,

Cheers
You seem to be a techie given that you partly resolved the restart issue in just first attempt.Logged a call with the vendor to get the OS reinstalled.

nirav_j

Did virus scan which showed lots of cleaned and deleted virus.It is not restarting frequently now.Will have to ask technician to reinstall the OS.
There used to be a standalone utility called stinger by McAfee. Small , free and pretty powerful at hunting out root kit viruses. You might want to try it and see if your system runs stable. Might help avoid an OS reinstall ...

There used to be a standalone utility called stinger by McAfee. Small , free and pretty powerful at hunting out root kit viruses. You might want to try it and see if your system runs stable. Might help avoid an OS reinstall ...
I am at the mercy of technician to get this sorted.Don't have as much wisdom about computers as much you guys have.I will need step by step information about how to do it.

20 years of using computers forced me to learn some thing. :D
Self learning always helps.

Techie did something to resolve the restart issue.Firewall message popping up in some software.Any quick fix i can do before he comes again in few days?

My computer restarts very frequently now.Someone told me to reinstall operating system.
Have you upgraded some hardware in your pc? If yes you shold setup in Bios voltage If NO maybe you have problems with cooling maybe cooling paste on procesor again give a paste. Next problem with restarting is your source in pc. I have the same problem last year with restarting must change pc source.

Allow access to known apps
How do i allow.
Have you upgraded some hardware in your pc? If yes you shold setup in Bios voltage If NO maybe you have problems with cooling maybe cooling paste on procesor again give a paste. Next problem with restarting is your source in pc. I have the same problem last year with restarting must change pc source.
No upgrade.All of a sudden.Perhaps i sat in front of it without bath and make up and it didn't like my face.:eek: Seems tech will have to sort out as you mentioned it involves diagnosing components .