My Daily Options Trading Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should give me her number... she can be used as Oracle :)

surely ....look how market spurts as soon as she sent message for short :lol::rofl:...

she is RM of angel broking........but RM of Indiabulls is more precise than her..

alomost 100% accurate ...if she said long , blindly u can go short......& vice

versa...i can give her ID .......if u want it.....

aditya14

Vikas ji

myself new to option trading

i have two lots of hdil [email protected], now [email protected]
one lot of hdil put [email protected], now trading @1.30
pl. Suggest me further to proceed

thanx
exit 4 days remain take whatever u can nifty may move 50 here or there but 1 word of caution:::

don`t trade in stock options,don`t buy OTM options unless its for a hedge.
Book loss and start afresh.

findvikas

Well just read some previous posts.Some of the newbies want easy money and get stuck thinking ooh vikas always makes money i must follow his trades.So what happens in the end is its always the herd who get drilled.

Now iam not doubting him(maybe iam) but it isnt unreasonable to see a screenshot as that will clear up if he is papertrading which i assume he is.

No doubt he is quickly getting good at TA.But 1 thing in life is
"If something looks too good to be true,it probably isn`t true"

So when you have a trader who is changing his positions every 2 mins then you have to wonder if that style is indeed making any money.

It just gives the newbies a perception that options market is easy money as this guy is constantly making money and i doubt that its true.

Come on vikas you are papertrading i know it you know it,don`t make other people lose money based on your calls as you shout Short now and then after 2 mins you book and its random.
Aditya,

It seem that the biggest newbie here is YOU, I have said 100 times that I am not giving STOCK CALLS. I have very well understood and learned what is the importance of taking profit off the table.

There is a saying... Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered :rofl:

If you are doubting me then please do, its not that you are my wife and won't let me sleep with you if I don't show you my ledger... :rofl:

I am trading 2min chart.. I cannot wait for 5, 15min or hours to cut losses... I have to react immediately and that's why I am paying good amount of money to keep my setup the way it is.

2MBPS dedicated line, 2 terminals, 1 mobile, 1 landline and 2 broker accounts.. these are not prerequisites for paper trading... but definitely are for me to start my day.

I AM HERE TO MAKE MONEY AND NOT TO GIVE STOCK CALLS, I AM SHARING ALONG WHAT I AM DOING AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO. I AM EXPLORING NEW WAYS TO PROTECT MYSELF AND LEARN SOMETHING NEW WITH EVERY TRADE I DO.

Yes I started to paper trade on BNF and I might start trading that for real once I am comfortable with that.

PS.: I am not sorry if few words of mine were harsh to you, anyone.

findvikas

Vikas ji

myself new to option trading

i have two lots of hdil [email protected], now [email protected]
one lot of hdil put [email protected], now trading @1.30
pl. Suggest me further to proceed

thanx
Vikas,

First off it sound like I am writing to myself, not just because we share the same name but also because you are doing what I used to do initially.

Trading on the basis of your assumption that market will react the way you think and not what it looks like on charts. Taking "Out of money" options should be done only when you hold underlying security and want to hedge your portfolio against any unexpected move in the market against you.

Apart from that, both your trades are contradictory... HDIL has been trading in the range of 300-400 and thats like 25% move on either side. You wound have been in much better position if you had taken 400 Put & 300 Call which has better risk/reward ratio.

Now, there is another problem to book your losses as of now... if you have a brokerage of 75-150/- per lot per side then you will be paying more on brokerage than you will actually get back from these positions. Most brokers don't charge anything if your trades expire worthless so it would be better to atleast save some money on brokerage by holding these positions and let them expire worthless, check with your broker to confirm this.

findvikas

DATE : 20-NOV-2009.
BUY NIFTY NOV 5000PE @ 75 STOP-LOSS 65 TARGET 95-100.
EXITED AT 95.
PROFIT +20(100(2LOTS)*20= 2000.

NIFTY FUTURE CALL:
Sell Nifty Future@4985 With Stop loss 5005 Target 4945-4920.
Exited @ 4965 (Modified SL triggered placed @ 4965)
Profit +20 (50(1 Lot)*20=1000.

Mahesh... Please take off your Yahoo ID and you have been warned for posting such ads.

Why Aditya ? Why does he have to give you proof of that ? Take it or leave it. Though myself & Vikas have contradicting views on how market would pan out & one of us will be right & one wrong but as we know his views are based on certain serious study which he has done & not just misleading others. Educated people learn to live with diverging views & there is no reason for someone to prove his trades. Get a life Man.

Cheers !!!
Well said :clapping: We are not here to compete against eachother but to learn from and support each other.

stockBond

shall we fall from here or after moving towards 5200 ?

I m holding nifty PUT options of Dec series.

really disappointed to see upmove on Friday....never able to time it correctly .......................... (thanks god I didn't buy Nov series PUT options)

Status
Not open for further replies.