My charts (and yours too........)

Fib "projections" on previous chart, Fib "retracemets" on this one.

Notice here too, fib level of 23.x was reached, it even crossed the top of the first wave, but thats what re-tests are for, it tested, failed and came back to 23.x, made a Double Bottom which confirmed the retracement, then rose.

babukraman

Kiddan 22 saree SSA!!! I just joined the site today.I'm a professional scalper and daytrader I don't trade Indian markets but it's good to see all the fellow desi traders under one roof!I'll sahre my intraday charts setup too i hope nobody minds me posting it here! If anyone minds please let me know in PM or something I'll delete my post.Thanks!

CHART OF $MBI (MBIA Inc.)
INDICATORS.. EMA 8,20,50,200
VWAP (0)
PREVIOUS HIGH/LOW and PREVIOUS DAY'S CLOSE
PIVOTS
Stochastic (14,3,3)
VOLUME
& FINALLY AUTOMATICA TRENDLINE(30 BARS)
:D
Hi,
Could you please open up a new thread for your intraday charts, if you don't mind? I'm trying to post EOD breakout charts on this thread.
I appreciate your intiative though to choose my thread to post yours!
Cheers!
Babu Kothandaraman

babukraman

ALLCARGO nse symbol - the script has given a triangle breakout on 14/10/2010 wid volumes ...... any senior member pls confirm.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1456/allcargo.jpg
Hi princejpr,
IMHO, Allcargo Weekly is in downtrend since Dec '09. For a long entry, I'll wait until it makes a HH which should be above previous LH of 175.
Even though, 153 is S now, there is no confirmation that up trend has started. As traderji points out in his "teach a man to fish....." lessons, as of t
now, the existing down trend is questioned by the 153 level; no new LL is formed. So, wait for a new HH. Now it may be in a trading range and reversing to an up trend. But wait for confirmation. Hope this helps!
Well! the b/o may seem like a b/o. But again the basics! In a down trend, short the rally and in an up trend, buy on decline.
Cheers!
Babu Kothandaraman

* IVRCLINFRA * Triangulation short.

Nice chart, till a couple of days back it would look like the corrective waves are over and its taking support on the trendline.. then this !!!

Is it because 5 distict waves down is a sign of a downtrend ? as opposed to three waves would be a correction downside ?

Visualize this chart two - four days ago and excercise cuation on long setups of the kind.

I saw this stock around 22/09/2010 in discussion with someone, technically, the swings indicate an uptrend and a thrid wave, my contention at thepoint was - what looks like the first upswing does not 'look impulsive' so even tho a HH and HL were formed, i took no bullish stand on it.

HH and HLs combinations are essentially Elliotts and Elliotts are essentially HH and HL combinations however, so do keep an eye out for IMPULSIVE first rises, it *has* to be an *impulisve rise*, else just assume to the safer end and consider it a correction to a downtrend.

Last edited:

babukraman

* IVRCLINFRA * Triangulation short.

Nice chart, till a couple of days back it would look like the corrective waves are over and its taking support on the trendline.. then this !!!

Is it because 5 distict waves down is a sign of a downtrend ? as opposed to three waves would be a correction downside ?

Visualize this chart two - four days ago and excercise cuation on long setups of the kind.

I saw this stock around 22/09/2010 in discussion with someone, technically, the swings indicate an uptrend and a thrid wave, my contention at thepoint was - what looks like the first upswing does not 'look impulsive' so even tho a HH and HL were formed, i took no bullish stand on it.

HH and HLs combinations are essentially Elliotts and Elliotts are essentially HH and HL combinations however, so do keep an eye out for IMPULSIVE first rises, it *has* to be an *impulisve rise*, else just assume to the safer end and consider it a correction to a downtrend.
Hi RnE,
Please have a look at my view on IVRCL on another forum on 23/9/10. After the Inv HnS on my chart, it hit the target. Now, in your chart I see a HnS b/o
IVRCL
Close @ 169.7
Today gap up; How did we miss Inverted HnS? Neckline at 163 with an upside target of 15 points. B/o yesterday and still there are about 8 more points to be had.

Regards,
Turtleboy

Thanks, Babu, din see it that way !! Nice.

I usually work on triples, ie instead of a resistence line with two supports (as with an inverted HnS) one with three supports needs to be near a break-point, eg JPASSOCIAT (recent), ESSAROIL (recent), EKC (17/09/2010) .. all essentially the same, such moves seems much stronger and easier to detect with fewer whipsaws, tho i admit ive never had an eye out for HnS patterns of this kind..

re. the same : how reliable are simple HnS patterns ? cuz i would guess they happen much too often, tho, again, ive never studied these with two supporting points.

Either with two or with three points, HnS pattenrs have the same philosophy, Elliot view : price trends under a trendline in a corrective phase, to break this one needs an impulse, the first wave hits and recoils, this then 'gains strenght' during a second wave and breaks out into a third wave shooting thru the trendline.

"An uptrending neckline would have more strenght than a down-trending neckline" = Stock where the first impulse goes above wave B would exhibit more bullishness.

Would you want me to post some from the past with three points ? do let me know, will post.