My Bank Nifty Options trading diary

Raj232

In trying to demonstrate something which are run by emotions and human behavior, many have lost a livelihood. Until and unless you do not have a specific strategy which makes money (i.e. profits> losses ) on a tested basis, its no use trying to beat high speed computers and algorithms which have been programmed and re-programmed by many IITs and IT engineers. :) .. just my 2 cents..

pannet1

@pannet1
Read your write ups.
I am also dabbling in banknifty for the last few months and experience is, when made profit, it is a trickle and when lost in many thousands.
Exactly, Well said. I was able to win zerodha challenge once. I was able to do so by pyramiding on the winning legs (of overnight positions that are neutral). I did not know that it was the edge and continue to wonder in social networks and lost subsequent challenge.
What you said somewhere is true, there are more intelligent and deep pocketed guys out there to outsmart us.
:rolleyes:
But one day we should be in the reckoning by being able to demonstrate that money can be made through trading.
Please think about this. As humans we make mistake, computers don't. I was shocked to know that 70% of Indian market is already run by Algo. Give or take a few. There are few users who make consistent money. Common trait is that they are trading

1) Trading F&O
2) Well capitalised
3) very disciplined

user 1
user 2

Last edited:

pannet1

In trying to demonstrate something which are run by emotions and human behavior, many have lost a livelihood. Until and unless you do not have a specific strategy which makes money (i.e. profits> losses ) on a tested basis, its no use trying to beat high speed computers and algorithms which have been programmed and re-programmed by many IITs and IT engineers. :) .. just my 2 cents..
URW. fully appreciate your inputs Raj.

jagankris

Exactly, Well said. I was able to win zerodha challenge once. I was able to do so by pyramiding on the winning legs (of overnight positions that are neutral). I did not know that it was the edge and continue to wonder in social networks and lost subsequent challenge.

:rolleyes:

Please think about this. As humans we make mistake, computers don't. I was shocked to know that 70% of Indian market is already run by Algo. Give or take a few. There are few users who make consistent money. Common trait is that they are trading

1) Trading F&O
2) Well capitalised
3) very disciplined

user 1
user 2[/USER]
[/QUOTE]
How 70% of indian market is already run by algo with out retail participation in Algo ?

pannet1

What's up friend? You are silent these days.
thanks for asking govind.

this all started with commodities. the guru who introduced this to me had called me and i took all my money out from zerodha and transferred it to him. he will provide guaranteed returns and slowly will learn his methods.

will review this after 2 months.

with a small capital, if you do everything right in options i earn peanut ... if i do some mistake then it makes a huge hole (someone said rightly here). with commodities you have longer time window, so one have time to rescue positions. then, there are certain risks inherent to them. but overall it seems like a good deal now.

with intraday equity, i am not able to enter multiple stocks at the same time. so need to invest on automation. some are able to trade just in few stocks with great success. basically the R:R is not worth it (according to my system).

so here we go. sorry for the long post.

thanks for asking govind.

this all started with commodities. the guru who introduced this to me had called me and i took all my money out from zerodha and transferred it to him. he will provide guaranteed returns and slowly will learn his methods.

will review this after 2 months.

with a small capital, if you do everything right in options i earn peanut ... if i do some mistake then it makes a huge hole (someone said rightly here). with commodities you have longer time window, so one have time to rescue positions. then, there are certain risks inherent to them. but overall it seems like a good deal now.

with intraday equity, i am not able to enter multiple stocks at the same time. so need to invest on automation. some are able to trade just in few stocks with great success. basically the R:R is not worth it (according to my system).

so here we go. sorry for the long post.
Hi good and all the best. Teach us as well when time permits.
Regards