My Bank Nifty Options trading diary

pannet1

Are you trading crude oil only ? how many lots ?
Ravi,

Started with 60K. The lowest margin demand is from CRUDEOIL Mini so i am trading it. I start with 1 Lot and use different lot skews depending on if I am winning or loosing.

Same like the US OIl demo account trade ... detailed above posts.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Ravi,

Started with 60K. The lowest margin demand is from CRUDEOIL Mini so i am trading it. I start with 1 Lot and use different lot skews depending on if I am winning or loosing.

Same like the US OIl demo account trade ... detailed above posts.
Best wishes for your trading :up:

pannet1

1) so i was selling the farther month contract and buying the current month with CRUDEM. this was working fine but on 3-may, the position was scaled up to +10x on the buy and -11x on the sell side. however when the -1x on the sell side was added, i was finally correct, but the spread was running like it was orchestrated and difficult to square off in profit. atleast, i was not able to.

Selection_001.png

2) so the plan was to buy as NRML and sell as MIS with the same contract, so you will clearly have a visual clue of which one is profitable. here the market clearly had an upper hand and i have to get out with a small loss.

3) the play on 7th may was very satisfying. not because of the profit. it is because i was long on a gap up and i was holding a loosing position almost till the evening. then i used a pull back of a minor downtrend (below my original long entry) to short 3x and a quick profit was booked. the market continuing to bait bears and finally the long 1x long position also ended up in a profit. a 3rd attempt to legin a long position was scratched.

Satisfaction comes from the ability to read waves.

1560003848957.png
Selection_001.png

pannet1

Long at 3781 since morning

View attachment 35365

Either market needs to move 100% against me or trade well above my long entry. 5 minutes back all stubborn bulls on trailing stop should have been taken out. Will update the outcome in the evening

Its exactly no profit/no loss across two contracts.

1560196820132.png

Of course, there is going to be some debit tomorrow ... brokerage / tax. it was 4 trades and 8 lot in total.

pannet1

11-jun-2019

The debit entry was quickly converted into profit by 11 AM. However, i have to trade the rest of the day and it ended up in a small loss. I have left an overnight sell position yesterday and it seems CRUDE will gap down. Let us see

Selection_004.png

Its exactly no profit/no loss across two contracts.

View attachment 35377

Of course, there is going to be some debit tomorrow ... brokerage / tax. it was 4 trades and 8 lot in total.

pannet1

from left to right

1) attempt to pyramid scratched.
2) overnight position was trailed and market came back up exactly to pick that up.
3) dozed up for a nap after seeing the beginning of the fall
4) entered again a fresh short on the retracement candle engulf
5) market came back yet again, which i scalped for some quick profit (-3x)
6) carrying forward for tomorrow the entry at 4) above

Selection_005.png

overall a good green day, but i was dissappointed of the premature exit.

1560364807302.png