My algo trading daily performance

DSM

Thanks for your views..... Your post is food for thought, though I would think differently on some matters, but that is fine. There is no one fixed rule or yardstick (other than profitability) at the end of the day, and as you pointed out, that too can be seen in different context.

Hopefully, this one month was a lean period and hope you return back to your winning ways. Incidentally a first loss after a biggest win (that you posted of last month) in a manner reminds one how humbling trading can be and reiterates the fact that market can do anything....

As an aside, I guess the end of your winning streak would have made a some people happy I think.

Hi DSM,
There is absolutely no reason as to why this happened. It is just a regular lean period. This happens all the time. I dont think that there was some structural change in the market not did I do anything different.

People ask me how many months have you been profitable and I always think that is it the right barometer to measure success. I think it is not. I mean a person can be profitable all 12 months with 2% return every month and another person can be profitable every other month with 6 months with - 5% return and rest 6 months with 50% return. Which one is better is clear, although he is only 6 months positive. So in all, the barometer to success should be the profitability in the long run.

Another point of view is that we can't put any limits on the market.
Let's take 2 scenarios...
1)Maybe if last day of the expiry I would have got a big profit then all my looses in the month would have vanished and the month would have been positive.
2)maybe that day happens tomorrow and that is the first day of the next expiry.
Now, what is the difference between both the scenarios. There is none. Both are equally likely to happen. Again, all I want to say is boundaries and limits can't be applied to the market.
Another example that I can cite for the above situation is... People always tell me they trade 5 min, 10min or whatever and they take decisions on the close of the candle always because it somehow makes logic for them. But it doesn't for me, because I believe market is a continuous stream of data and it doesn't even know where is your 5min or 10min close. Neither does it care. We can't ever set boundaries for it.

All of the above are just my views, I was reassuring myself time and again in this long post, than replying to your query.

Thanks for the concern... Good luck to you too for the series ahead.

MT

mechtrader

Thanks DSM for taking my post in the right spirit. We all disagree with one another on some grounds, all humans are different. :thumb:

Yes, the markets can always do anything it wants, i never underestimate it. Infact i sometimes overestimate the market and pay a big premium to keep myself insured. But thats ok, makes me feel safe. Thanks for the positive vibes for the next month. My wishes for you too.

Lol On your last line.:rofl::rofl:

MT

toingpoing

Just out of curiosity,if you do not mind sharing ofcourse, from the day you got into Algo,till today,what would be your annualised return on investment in percentage. I mean average return per annum on your investment in percentage. Thanks and good luck !

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
mechtrader bro can u clear me following points:

1. what is cost and procedure to get the strategy approved?
2. Are you using VPS provided by symphony or some othe VPS server provider
3. what are per month expenditures associated with algo trading using symphony (like VPS cost + terminal cost + data cost etc)

thanks in advance.

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
Read complete thread and i found it awesome. Please confirm my understading:

1. VPS is provided by symphony at cost 12k per anum + 25k pa other cost of using symphony.
2. there is no need to get afl strategy to approved from any one and hence no cost associated.

Well i again congratulate on your success and thank you for sharing your knowledge with fellow traders.

Hi all,

The inevitable happened. The winning streak ended. This was the first loss month after 14 months since Dec 2014. But its ok. Everything was normal this month, all according to the plan.

After trading 5 months with the new lot sizes, i am fairly comfortable in all aspects now (i like to think that). SO, the march expiry i will be going live with full model (i was trading the toned down version till now).
==> The capital is not a worry now.
==> I am getting good odds, as the model is down 3l from its peak . hence the max drawdown has been reduced by 3l.

Hope all works out well. Wish me all the best guys. I need it, trust me.

MT

Dear mechtrader,

Which scrips give you maximum loss on date 2 ,8,17,18,19,22/ 2/ 2016 ...... ?

Wish you all the best for coming months.

HEM

RockyRobust

Hi Mechtrader,

Congratulations for your performance . I saw your trades in the first month of your thread and then somehow due to very rare visits at Traderji , missed to see your further trading month performances. Now I saw your yearly performance and I must say that you have done a very nice job as a trader.

All the best for your future Trading.