My afl collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr114

Shivangi, mehtaka asked about the logic of the afl. as jhonny posted it, so he will be more proficient in explaining the logic than u. u have done a commendable job of posting the afls, pls give the logic behind so that it will be beneficial for us. please continue posting

regards sr

Last edited:

mehtaka

Mehtaka, dont ask Shivangi about this afl. this was uploaded by Jhonnypareek, so revert to him about the details. Shivangi is using the afl only. this afl contains raghee horner emas, supertrend and kpl system combined together.

thanks
Thank you Sr114 for the info, and i am not blaming to shivangi about any afls, i had a query so i asked her, as she had uploaded this afl here. I was not aware abt whos afl was this. Dont be angry bro.

mehtaka

mehakat,

Hmm actually idea is that once buy generated, you wait for that low to buy, but this doesn't mean to buy at that price only. Best is u buy 30-40% at the buy was generated n rest at the price mentioned. Nothing is 100% in market.

Hope this will help u.

sr114- Thanks a lot buddy

johnnypareek.
Thanks bro, i actually wanted to back test this afl, and if this is the case (what u said), then manually backtesting is the only way.

thanks once again

mehtaka

I changed NOT a single word of what jhonnypareek posted, you can ask even jhonny, I'm just posting my collection...
I will stop posting if even a single member has any objection !
shivangi i am not taking any objection on any of ur afls posting here...
I already mentioned that, u doing a fabulous job of sharing the afl's.

understand, if you are postiong the afl's, and if ders any query (i am saying query, not blaming) shount we ask the one who has posted?????

forgive me,if you felt bad with any of the things.

mehtaka

Shivangi, mehtaka asked about the logic of the afl. as jhonny posted it, so he will be more proficient in explaining the logic tham u. u have done a commendable job of posting the afls, pls give the logic behind so that it will be beneficial for us. please continue posting

regards sr
No where in the post i have asked or said that i want to know the logic of this system. I just pointed out how the entry is being made, so that the people who simply downloads the afl... back-test it....finds the amazing profits, should come to know that the entry's are made on high/low of the bar.

Hope you read my previous post once again.

and thanks to jhonny once again.

gunsho

No where in the post i have asked or said that i want to know the logic of this system. I just pointed out how the entry is being made, so that the people who simply downloads the afl... back-test it....finds the amazing profits, should come to know that the entry's are made on high/low of the bar.

Hope you read my previous post once again.

and thanks to jhonny once again.
IMO, I agree that buying at low of the bar and selling at high of the bar is practically very hard. But the price displayed in the charts will not be used for backtesting by default. These are two different things

1) Price used for backtesting
AFL will only tell which bar to buy/sell. In Amibroker, "Backtester Settings" => "Trades" tab => You can choose one among the following for backtesting (Close/Open/High/Low/Average). Many will choose close as that is something practically achievable or you can choose average depending on your taste.​
2) Price displayed in the chart (Buy/Sell price, Target, SL)
AFL's chart displays the price with buy at Low of the bar and Sell at high of the bar. It also decides the SL/Target based on this buy / sell price.​

Ideally one would want (1) and (2) to use the same buy/sell price choosing logic. We know how to manipulate buy/sell price in Backtester. You can easily edit this AFL also. In this AFL, look for the below lines...

Change the 'L' to 'C', to display Buying at closing price.
"PlotText( "\nBuy:" + L[ i ] + "\nT= " + (L*1.005) + "\nSL= " + (L*0.9975), i, L[ i ]-dist, colorGreen, colorWhite );"

Below line, change 'H' to 'C' to display Selling at closing price.
"PlotText( "Sell:" + H[ i ] + "\nT= " + (H*0.995) + "\nSL= " + (H*1.0025), i, H[ i ]+dist1, colorRed, colorWhite );"

Bingo.. now you can backtest with buying/selling at close price and also visually see buy / sell / SL / target with close price (or whichever you have chosen)!

mehtaka

IMO, I agree that buying at low of the bar and selling at high of the bar is practically very hard. But the price displayed in the charts will not be used for backtesting by default. These are two different things

AFL will only tell which bar to buy/sell. In Amibroker, "Backtester Settings" => "Trades" tab => You can choose one among the following for backtesting (Close/Open/High/Low/Average). Many will choose close as that is something practically achievable or you can choose average depending on your taste.​
AFL's chart displays the price with buy at Low of the bar and Sell at high of the bar. It also decides the SL/Target based on this buy / sell price.​

Ideally one would want (1) and (2) to use the same buy/sell price choosing logic. We know how to manipulate buy/sell price in Backtester. You can easily edit this AFL also. In this AFL, look for the below lines...

"PlotText( "\nBuy:" + L[ i ] + "\nT= " + (L*1.005) + "\nSL= " + (L*0.9975), i, L[ i ]-dist, colorGreen, colorWhite );"

"PlotText( "Sell:" + H[ i ] + "\nT= " + (H*0.995) + "\nSL= " + (H*1.0025), i, H[ i ]+dist1, colorRed, colorWhite );"

Bingo.. now you can backtest with buying/selling at close price and also visually see buy / sell / SL / target with close price (or whichever you have chosen)!

amazing.....thank you...will try out this...

mehtaka

Bingo.....its done...

Any idea, what system it using while backtesting and the signal its shows on charts? as the backtest and the charts signals are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.