My 2019 Trading Log

true, it is green but i should have done better - too many trades and kind of impulsive ones. must be disciplined. waiting for nymex to give crude direction and i will have one proper rule based trade hopefully today.

thanks for your encouragement like always pannet1.

i have myself to blame - trying to monitor crude, alu, lead and zinc was way too much. missed the clear crude move. had to settle for scraps close to the end of the move :rolleyes:

done for the day i guess . net profit roughly is 2350 or so ie after brokerage for the day - will check exact net profit from balance tomorrow.

very upset with my trading today - was a horrible day from a trading discipline point of view, - must improve the trade monitoring urgently.
will work on the same and try and find a way - to not mess up such clear moves.

three more days to go this week, hope i trade well and not mess up like i did today.

yet to trade today. may wait for evening session.

was a typo in yesterday profit.. it was 3329 to be exact. i thought i typed 3250, just noticed the error. anyway the first hurdle of 10000 is crossed for the time being unless i slip up and have to re-cross it again. i hope not :oops::eek:

pannet1

i have myself to blame - trying to monitor crude, alu, lead and zinc was way too much. missed the clear crude move. had to settle for scraps close to the end of the move :rolleyes:

done for the day i guess . net profit roughly is 2350 or so ie after brokerage for the day - will check exact net profit from balance tomorrow.

very upset with my trading today - was a horrible day from a trading discipline point of view, - must improve the trade monitoring urgently.
will work on the same and try and find a way - to not mess up such clear moves.

three more days to go this week, hope i trade well and not mess up like i did today.
I think you are trying to be harsh on yourself in the name of discipline. if its too much reduce the number of scripts in your watchlist (for the day). my mentor looks at the change% of the script to decide which one will be possibly volatile that day. obviously he likes volatile ones and does not want to be struck in quicksand.

trading should be enjoyable so we do this again and again. good going so far. keep it up!

I think you are trying to be harsh on yourself in the name of discipline. if its too much reduce the number of scripts in your watchlist (for the day). my mentor looks at the change% of the script to decide which one will be possibly volatile that day. obviously he likes volatile ones and does not want to be struck in quicksand.

trading should be enjoyable so we do this again and again. good going so far. keep it up!

true,

i just use this - i do just crude and one trending metal (alu, lead or zinc)
since i am now on 15 min i do get chances everyday even on non-trending days too so i can conserve energy on the searching for trending stocks. more like these boys who trade just nifty or bank nifty - they trade that and nothing else - simple.

i sometimes deviate from my trade plan for reasons i have yet to explain to myself. these are the days i get upset with myself.

monday i had a loss but was a good day trading discipline wise. yesterday was the other way around - bad trading wise but profit wise was good. these kind of days do damage in the longer run as they ingrain a bad attitude and misplaced memories for future reference in the brain o_O

when you have the confidence in yourself only will you wait for the markets to present an opportunity and not try to force a trade - only then will things turn around for good eventually. we all know these things but yes, following simple obvious rules are so hard most of the time, :rolleyes:

one good trade a day is all a day trader needs and i do that very rare for now on a consistent basis. but yes, i can feel the improvement in my trading and i am glad about a lot of things on that front.

off-topic - i was listening to to the epic 'ghost love score' by 'nightwish' and floor got me all emotional after which i posted that. i feel now that i ready to defend my small financial castle from the army of these big bad boys like every other day :cool:

good luck to you

just into a trade a while back- crude feb main lot buy @ 3830 - positional holding trade.

stop/hedge (will work on if it tests the 200 ema). If trend doubtful or sideways then may exit prior inventory tommorow.

in the meantime took a hedge and exited - small net profit of 1500 for the day.

i have 1 mini aluminium lot buy @ 137.2 which is a positional trade so not too concerned as i took this and the crude trade on the 1 hr chart. for now things look good. done for the day.

pannet1

in the meantime took a hedge and exited - small net profit of 1500 for the day.

i have 1 mini aluminium lot buy @ 137.2 which is a positional trade so not too concerned as i took this and the crude trade on the 1 hr chart. for now things look good. done for the day.
I thought you meant your long crude positional is intact and the you exited the short hedge out. (leaving the positional alone)