Mutual Fund doubts

yup .. I purchased it to get 80C tax benefit in fact.

just curious ...Fund Type is "Open ended" here....looks like Fund Type has nothing to do with exit timing.

What happens If I don't redeem this ELSS even after 3 years ....will my fund be safe ? Will I still continue to receive benefit If I don't redeem even after 3 years ?
Since the fund is an ELSS, after the mandatory 3-year lock-in period, the fund investment will become 'open-ended'. But in this case, you can only sell it at the market NAV then. You cannot repurchase the units and sell them normally (like an actual open-ended scheme). If you purchase the same units after selling, those will be considered a fresh investment and will have to undergo the mandatory 3-year lock-in period again.

You can stay invested in your fund even after 3 years, it is just treated as a normal fund investment thereafter and will be exposed to the same risk and return characteristics like any other equity security. However, do note that the tax benefit will only count once.

Hi guys,

I have invested in MF and got the statement. What happens next? Will I get monthly income? Can I sell the MF on stock exchange? What about dividend? Will I get dividend?