Mutual Fund Buy sell

Hi Traderji,

Can you pls comment on this. If we buy any mutul fund scheme then can we sell it anytime we feel like selling or there is minumum time limit for it.

Can any one tell me can we buy Mutul Fund directly through ICICIDIRECT and the sell it the same way through online.

what are the brokerage charged while doin so... am new to mutul fund and have no idea.

Pls comment on this. All comments are wercomed.

Thank's

Ranjit :confused:

Last edited:
There is no minimum time involved in holding and then selling a mutual fund unless otherwise specified in the prospectus.

IDIDIDIRECT.com does not charge a brokerage in mutual fund transaction as they get commission from the mutual fund.

There is a load that the mutual fund charges while buying or selling their units.

Hi,
Mutual funds involve a transaction cost which is namely entry load and exit load.A fixed percentage on the amount invested will be charge dby the asset management company.
The percentage of loads vary between 1% & to a max of 2.5%.It is charged when you purchase or sell the units.Further u have to pay securities transaction tax at specified rates.

gold_ranjit said:
Hi Traderji,

Can you pls comment on this. If we buy any mutul fund scheme then can we sell it anytime we feel like selling or there is minumum time limit for it.

Can any one tell me can we buy Mutul Fund directly through ICICIDIRECT and the sell it the same way through online.

what are the brokerage charged while doin so... am new to mutul fund and have no idea.

Pls comment on this. All comments are wercomed.

Thank's

Ranjit :confused:
Dear Ranjit,

TATrader and minukrishna had explained it beautifully. Adding to it, in case of Mutual Fund term used are Purchase and Redemption in place of buy and sell. As pointed out by Minukrishna, there are (may or may not be) entry and exit load associated with all schemes of Mutual fund companies.

You need to read the offer document (a very boring task infact !). In most of the cases for small investors like us exit load is nil if you keep the units for 06 months. Also minimum amount to invest is Rs 5000/- in most of the schemes. Also you can avail SIP to buy the units. Before purchasing MF look into their NAVs and past performance especially divident pay out.

Cheers,
nkpanjiyar

Trader ji,

Please suggest some good mutual funds to choose from, some one suggested me growth fund from HSBC and RELIANCE. I want to open a SIP a/c, kindly guide.

Regards.

ankurpcl

Hi Jdutt,

I have following mutual funds and their past performace is very good.

Their names are:

Tata Infrastructure (D)
Frankline Prima
Reliance Growth (D)
Birla Mid Cap (D)

All above are very good mutual funds and if u want to invest only one I would
suggest Tata Infrastructure. Their NAV is around 13.00 and will be around 20.00
by the end of this year.

But one thing You have to learn is that Mutual Funds are mimum 1 Year investments to book good profits but at the same time much safer than Scrips.

Happy Investing !

Regards,
Ankur

Hello Jdutt

The right way to invest in mutual funds is SIP.
Select funds with good track record and which will suffice to your objective.
Good equity funds are

Franklin India BLuechip fund
Franklin India Prima Fund
HDFC Equity fund
HDFC Top 200 Fund
Prudential ICICI Dynamic fund
Birla Dividend yield fund.
Relaince equity opportunity Fund.

Try to invest in diversified equity fund SIP and have investment horizon of 3-5 years.

Regards
Yogendra

Hi all, for beginners in mutual fund investing here are 2 books/ magazines to read:
1) Outlook Money- guide to mutual fund investing
2) Mutual Fund Insight Magazine- Try Oct 15 to Nov 14 2005 issue; this is a good magazine to keep track of various mutual funds..

it is very nice you plan to open a SIP account..... UTI is offering good plan ...you may see it...If you want me to help in sending the form filled I can as I am a QUALIFIED mutual fund advisor....you can contact me on rbs_naidu at yahoo messenger