Mutual Fund Basics

pnbalaji wats ur qualification as in r u an analyst or something. Well ur prediction of a correction has turned out to be true so wats ur next prediction.
hatsoff to u dude:)

pnbalaji said:
Dear KPP,

As a start, you could go for "Fidelity tax advantage fund" which was launched a month or two before. Also it is better to go for "Dividend Reinvestment" option.
Dear pnbalaji,

I hold a slightly different opinion over the recommendation than the one provided here; let's discuss a bit before firming up on the best possible style of ELSS investment. I've provided my views at: http://www.traderji.com/49230-post2.html for seemingly a very similar question!

Can you please put up your perspective on: why an investor should opt for a new fund (that hasn't seen both bull/bear markets phases) when tried/time-tested funds are available? Please note that I'm not undermining Fidelity AMC's fund management skills or their experience in India as FIIs. But I think the saying - 'An experienced patient is better than a new doctor', applies to Mutual Funds pretty well !

Also, please elaborate your view point on why one is better off preferring "Dividend Reinvestment" to "Growth" or "Dividend Payout" in case of ELSS. I'm more or less sure that the units allotted in "Dividend Reinvestment" are also locked in for 3 years (from the date of allottment); as such, redemption of such units can very well turn out to be tricky at times.

Thanks,
- Sarath.

Last edited:
Hi Balaji,

I am new to this forum. I read your this info. It is very nice and great info to me. I am interested in investing in MF.

But I don't know which MF is giving me maximum returns yet my amount invested still safe !

Can you telll me please how to look for it? To whom I should contact.

Regards,

Nandkishor
----------

Hi Balaji,

I am new to this forum. I read your this info. It is very nice and great info to me. I am interested in investing in MF.

But I don't know which MF is giving me maximum returns yet my amount invested still safe !

Can you telll me please how to look for it? To whom I should contact.

Regards,

Nandkishor
----------
Dear Nandkishor

I already replied to the other thread by you, but this thread seems to be more relevant. So posting it here :-

Regards
Siva

Friends,

I have been away from the market quite some time as the market was going down.

Ghost Buster: I am not an analyst. I am basically an ME engg graduate working in a software company. But reading the TA books for quite some time. As of now, market is settling for a good foundation. There will not be any major movements before diwali, but I am expecting the market to move up after diwali.

Sarathc: Read your views. Looks correct, but in my opinion Franklin tax shield is not outperforming when compared to Franklin India Prima Fund or Sundaram Select Midcap. Still I have my money in Franklin Tax shield too.

Initially I preferred Dividend payout option, but not now as I have been travelling between US and India. Dividend payout option is better when you enable the direct credit option to your bank account.

But, these days I am going with dividend reinvestment only as the number of units will become more whenever there is a dividend announcement.

In my opinion, SIP is the best choice with any kind of dividend option. However, SIP in ELSS is not the better option.

Thanks,
Balaji.

Friends,

I have been away from the market quite some time as the market was going down.

Ghost Buster: I am not an analyst. I am basically an ME engg graduate working in a software company. But reading the TA books for quite some time. As of now, market is settling for a good foundation. There will not be any major movements before diwali, but I am expecting the market to move up after diwali.

Sarathc: Read your views. Looks correct, but in my opinion Franklin tax shield is not outperforming when compared to Franklin India Prima Fund or Sundaram Select Midcap. Still I have my money in Franklin Tax shield too.

Initially I preferred Dividend payout option, but not now as I have been travelling between US and India. Dividend payout option is better when you enable the direct credit option to your bank account.

But, these days I am going with dividend reinvestment only as the number of units will become more whenever there is a dividend announcement.

In my opinion, SIP is the best choice with any kind of dividend option. However, SIP in ELSS is not the better option.

Thanks,
Balaji.
dearfriend if it is elss scheme it is better to go for dividend option &not reinvestment option because the reinvested units will again locked in for 3 years &the process will become endless