Multi monitor setup

shanki99

FlowTrader

PPl say diff things here. Some say that i need an addnl video card...and some say that its plug and play.

And one more point, they say abt is resolution. .the max i cud see in the display settings of my lappy is 1280x800...can i use a new monitor with max res of 1600x900?? (Acer model V203H with resol of 1600x900)...

ppl again say that if this resol is not supported then they are stuck with really ugly graphics , or if they want good resolution , then they have these 2 bands running parallel to the side and also effectively making it a non widescreen...

i have asked some of lappy technicians and they all say different things....iam really confused :confused::confused:

Dear flow trader,

My lap is LG and monitor 15" crt .If I use it with lap create any problem to my notebook screen?

Regards
VJAY
Vijay

There is no reason that that 15" CRT should not work with you LG lapy, just follow the steps i have given above.

FlowTrader

PPl say diff things here. Some say that i need an addnl video card...and some say that its plug and play.

And one more point, they say abt is resolution. .the max i cud see in the display settings of my lappy is 1280x800...can i use a new monitor with max res of 1600x900?? (Acer model V203H with resol of 1600x900)...

ppl again say that if this resol is not supported then they are stuck with really ugly graphics , or if they want good resolution , then they have these 2 bands running parallel to the side and also effectively making it a non widescreen...

i have asked some of lappy technicians and they all say different things....iam really confused :confused::confused:
Don't be confused :thumb:

Its no big deal, just carry your notebook to any of the stores that sell those monitors and check before buying if you like the resolution that is supported for plug n play.

Just make sure you don't install any extra drivers/software to support the monitor being tested

Regarding resultion and ugly graphics its true if you want to use it for gamming or watching movies, but no such problem for charts...

Charts look sexy even on a crt monitor with v low res

Great Dear,
Can you put some specs of your system...
Processure
RAM
Graphics card (Dual or Single Head)
PCI card (if any)
Setup is through HDMI or DVI or mixed
Resolution
Cost
Total Power Requirement

Thanks
Vikas Panwar

Great Dear,
Can you put some specs of your system...
Processure
RAM
Graphics card (Dual or Single Head)
PCI card (if any)
Setup is through HDMI or DVI or mixed
Resolution
Cost
Total Power Requirement

Thanks
Vikas Panwar
I do not know all the answers but I remember I read about it earlier. Will post them.

his primary graphics card is ati radeon HD4800 series for monitor 1 and 2
secondary is 9500gt 1gb ram for monitor 3 and 4

monitor 1 and 2 both 23"samsung p2350 12500 each
monitor 4 22"model vx2235-16500.00
monitor 3 22"viewsonic model vx22345-15250.00

ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series graphics

Designed to Perform.
Engineered to Lead. Built to Win.

With all the latest features, the ATI Radeon HD 4000 series graphics cards delivers the performance you need to take your high-definition experience to the next level at home, work and play. Watch Blu-ray movies and HD content play with incredible visual fidelity1,2, enjoy unprecedented levels of graphics realism and play the latest games with support for Microsoft DirectX 10.1. Do it all with break-through efficiency that doesnt compromise performance.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk...-hd-4000/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-4000-series.aspx

AMD ATI Radeon HD 4800-Series Launches

http://www.trustedreviews.com/graphics/news/2008/06/20/AMD-ATI-Radeon-HD-4800-Series-Launches/p1