Moving Averages

But they are all paid ones, isn't there any free software or website in which i can adjust the dates? I am just starting with TA so can't use Metastock, Amibroker, etc.

Also, I have some questions related to Moving Averages:
  • Can you explain wrt moving average in the following chart why the price of Tata Tele came down, when the Moving average was running smoothly in upward direction till yesterday?
  • According to today's chart the price is lower than moving average, so it is a Sell signal...isn't it?
  • When i looked the chart yesterday the price was well above the moving average line and there was no signal that it's price will go down like this. So, how can we detect when the price will come down using MA?

The chart also shows that the shorter SMA is above the longer SMA, so it is a bullish trend? Comments please?

Last edited:

Capricorn

Try Fibotrader. I think it has what u need.

By the way what ever gave u the idea the moving averages can predict anything.:)

I don't know how your system generates buy/sell signals so I am afraid I cannot comment on that.

krm

Try Fibotrader. I think it has what u need.

By the way what ever gave u the idea the moving averages can predict anything.:)

I don't know how your system generates buy/sell signals so I am afraid I cannot comment on that.
Sir,
How to import data to fibo? I have downloaded data using getbhavcopy utility of Sh Hemen Kapadia. But couldnt import the same to fibo.
Thanks in advance.

krm

prasadam

website in which i can adjust the dates?

this is possible in icharts. there is custom date range option.

for eg. if I want to see chart upto 01-10-2009 today, I can see it. it is not necessary to see charts upto 05-10-2009.