Moving Averages in Weekly charts

karthikmarar

Hi TA experts

What are the normally used moving average periods on weeky charts. Can I use 10 week, 20 week and 40 week averages corresponding to 50, 100 and 200 dMA ? Or is the consideration different form daily charts. Please throw some light on this.

regards

karthik

A

amarnath

karthikmarar said:
Hi TA experts

What are the normally used moving average periods on weeky charts. Can I use 10 week, 20 week and 40 week averages corresponding to 50, 100 and 200 dMA ? Or is the consideration different form daily charts. Please throw some light on this.

regards

karthik

Are you asking Ma equivalents on different timeframe
?

or optimization ? pls elaborate your ques a little more :)

karthikmarar

amarnath said:
Are you asking Ma equivalents on different timeframe
?

or optimization ? pls elaborate your ques a little more :)
I want to know the popularly/widely used MA in weekly charts not the equivalant ones to daily MA. Ofcourse different people prefer to use different MAs. I would like to know the widely used/acceptable ones :confused:

regards

karthik

A

amarnath

karthikmarar said:
I want to know the popularly/widely used MA in weekly charts not the equivalant ones to daily MA. Ofcourse different people prefer to use different MAs. I would like to know the widely used/acceptable ones :confused:

regards

karthik

Hi karthik,

so you are looking for optimum value to curvefit on weekly charts . Try to experiment and find line of best fit that works . For me simply weekly charts works better than any MA laid on it
;)