Moving Averages and trend lines

The Pig

Yes, I do use trend lines and trend channels extensively. Part of my system. I follow wyckoff way of drawing them. It works well and serves it purpose. I don't know how you use it but for me it's a good tool
Will post screenshots of how I draw it, can u please guide me on what I am doing wrong or right.

The Pig

I researched a lot and everywhere it says no matter what technicals you use, only money management makes the real difference.
In my personal experience, more than entry, the exit is very important, I mess up the exits early in the fear of losing profits.
Did you face similar issues? How did you overcome?
Yes, even I read a bit and most of it comes to Money Management and exit strategies.

The Pig

E53B5227-579B-4233-8355-AE0DDDB290BB.jpeg

Trendline 1 through 2 lows, didn’t seem to hold up
Trendline 2 through 2 lows, will post what happened next

The Pig

F1281B6C-F523-4E0F-AFEF-74CA5536E01F.jpeg
Trendline 2 seems to support twice in circled region, but horizontal resistance line is pretty useless at least here.
Am i analysing it correctly? Where do you guys see a trade here?

columbus

Yes, even I read a bit and most of it comes to Money Management and exit strategies.
Moving averages works well for Long Term with Long Time Frames ( above 15min) .They give False starts (whipsaws) and person tends to close Prematurely
a profitable trade with Short Time Frames ( less than 5 min). These time frames are good Day Trading.Above all Money Management is quite important.

primitivetrader

Will post screenshots of how I draw it, can u please guide me on what I am doing wrong or right.
Question you need to ask yourself is what you want to achieve with trendlines/channel ? and on which time frame if you are using multi time frame analysis. the chart which you have posted of TCS, what exactly do you want to achieve using TL from which bar have you started your TL. such a long TL looks great but of not much use for me in real trading and i dont draw them like this

Last edited:

The Pig

DBDB66A4-E062-4D9E-A24F-1CD644963481.jpeg

Well, well, well the support indeed act as a very good support, my mistake, this would have a been a great trade. With the power of hindsight, it seems easy, but how would anyone predict this real-time.

The Pig

That’s a pretty good question, I am trying to find the effectiveness of S/R , trendlines and to derive entry and exit points from them.

The Pig

Question you need to ask yourself is what you want to achieve with trendlines/channel ? and on which time frame if you are using multi time frame analysis. the chart which you have posted of TCS, what exactly do you want to achieve using TL from which bar have you started your TL. such a long TL looks great but of not much use for me in real trading and i dont draw them like this
That’s a pretty good question, I am trying to find the effectiveness of S/R , trendlines and to derive entry and exit points from them.

The Pig

1DD0EECA-484F-474F-9BD8-291018148E81.jpeg

Ideally, I would have liked to do this, since S/R says so, but I lack long term perspective. Though some times I enter correctly, I don’t stay long. How to achieve this.