Moving Averages and trend lines

bashasm

View attachment 37356

Ideally, I would have liked to do this, since S/R says so, but I lack long term perspective. Though some times I enter correctly, I don’t stay long. How to achieve this.
I guess exiting trade at the right time is the hardest part

primitivetrader

looking at your charts and working on them, what i can see that you are not focusing on the price structure and overall context of the chart.just because price is at S/R line does not mean it will bounce.
ask these Qs to yourself:
1) what kind of trader are your trend or counter trend.
2) what kind of trading you want to do intra/swing/positional.
3) where are you going to look trend in multi time frame analysis? if you are not using multi time frame god bless you
4) what is the current and projected price action? is it in uptrend/downtrend or consolidation.
5) where and why are you drawing tl and s/r lines?

all and many other things must be objectively and rules based. else in hindsight all looks wonderful and great. btw if you can make a rule based trading plan and method then all psychology and rest of the mumbo jumbo will be taken care of they are not more imp than rest of the keys in the trading method

The Pig

looking at your charts and working on them, what i can see that you are not focusing on the price structure and overall context of the chart.just because price is at S/R line does not mean it will bounce.
ask these Qs to yourself:
1) what kind of trader are your trend or counter trend.
2) what kind of trading you want to do intra/swing/positional.
3) where are you going to look trend in multi time frame analysis? if you are not using multi time frame god bless you
4) what is the current and projected price action? is it in uptrend/downtrend or consolidation.
5) where and why are you drawing tl and s/r lines?

all and many other things must be objectively and rules based. else in hindsight all looks wonderful and great. btw if you can make a rule based trading plan and method then all psychology and rest of the mumbo jumbo will be taken care of they are not more imp than rest of the keys in the trading method
I never thought about this, you definitely made think about what I am trying to do here. But honestly, I thought I could try trading by just s/r lines with volume. I know it’s not so easy but I am only a human..!!
If you can direct me towards how I can analyse better, it would be helpful. I know you would be busy, you won’t gain anything by this , but still if u can just guide me to other books or resources, I am ready to put all the effort.
Will try answering the questions to understand myself better
1) trend, but wouldn’t hesitate going counter trend once in a while.
2) Swing, I don’t book profits intraday (don’t know why) , won’t carry long even when in profits. Generally I let intraday profit turn into losses in a weeks time and book losses. But still swing trading suits my temperament.
3) Though I look at weekly,monthly, never used it properly.
4) never thought about this.
5) no idea, probably looking for entry points.

Last edited:

primitivetrader

I never thought about this, you definitely made think about what I am trying to do here. But honestly, I thought I could try trading by just s/r lines with volume. I know it’s not so easy but I am only a human..!!
If you can direct me towards how I can analyse better, it would be helpful. I know you would be busy, you won’t gain anything by this , but still if u can just guide me to other books or resources, I am ready to put all the effort.
Will try answering the questions to understand myself better
1) trend, but wouldn’t hesitate going counter trend once in a while.
2) Swing, I don’t book profits intraday (don’t know why) , won’t carry long even when in profits. Generally I let intraday profit turn into losses in a weeks time and book losses. But still swing trading suits my temperament.
3) Though I look at weekly,monthly, never used it properly.
4) never thought about this.
5) no idea, probably looking for entry points.
sent you the pm check

I researched a lot and everywhere it says no matter what technicals you use, only money management makes the real difference.
In my personal experience, more than entry, the exit is very important, I mess up the exits early in the fear of losing profits.
Did you face similar issues? How did you overcome?
You need to exit at your decided profit and not wait for EMA signal in my experience EMa is good for entry and exit at your discretion...put a long stop loss and do the trade SL is only for un forseen incidents like sudden news or bulk buys...Once a wile there would be small losses...but it will even out....