morning trade..

many a times i have seen sharp movement in share prices in the morning when the market open.
i have always wondered how come the index can move so much in such a short time. i thought may b, ppl book thier orders (buy/sell) in advance before the market opens. so the index moves accordingly when the market actually opens at 9.55

i tried doing that but wasn't able to.
i m new to share trading and i am using sharekhan's trade tiger.
it doesn't allow you to place order before the market opens. but many a times i have seen market opening at higher than its previous day's close..now how is it possible if there's no trade in b/w yesterday's close and today's opening.
plz help me out..

Rkji

hi.

1) you can place an order after 11:00 pm till around 9:45 am, make sure market is open, at few times i observed it being closed.

2) on the top look below Nifty, it must show AH open (after hours) after EQ:

3) one more thing, there is a margin range around the close price of the share in which you can place an order, for example ispat closed at 21, you may not be able to place a sell order for 29....24 or 25 may be possible......so try placing limit sell 25 ...it shall accept. further info contact cc at 1800227800 or request your broker to give a free demo of trade tiger terminal.

if you want to buy or sell at market price, make sure you select "market" which is ahead of the trigger price column once you press F1 or F2 key & it shall send your request to the exchange to execute the order.....
pls notice that it is considered after market or after hour order & just confirms that sharekhan has accepted your request, which shall be sent to exchange in the morning once it opens.

happy investing
rishi xx

Hi bornagain,

You laced a very interesting questing. So there are 2 factors for it.
1) The paperworks are not processed when the closing bell rings(pervious day)

2)The after hours trading results the changes in other days opening which is done by overseas investors due to their timezones, so they are trading during their regular day for their market which ultimately results changes in next day opening.

Regards,
Conancare

Sunny1

Even i have observed sharp movement in the opening. Also members of nse can have direct access to nse therefore their order is executed at first. Our order is routed through the brokers terminal and therefor it is delayed bit. But we can advantage of that sharp movement in the morning.

Here is what i do is watch opening for 2 mins and decide where the market is heading up or down and place immediate order accordingly. Exit position in 5-10 mins strictly WHETHER PROFIT OR LOSS . Once i earned 5k in unitech this way

spiritunit

I am also using Sharekhan, as said above you can place order on 11.00 p.m. (after hours) through their sharekhan.com website, but I think you can't on Tradetiger (I am not sure) just logon to the sharekhan.com website (not tradetiger) after 11.00 p.m. and you can see the after hours on NSE and you can place the order.

Hi bornagain,
I would request you to just practice on moneybhai.com as your are fresher, so you can learn a lot from this website and if you are intrested in playing real trading then there are many software available for example Keat software.

Regards,
Conan