Monkey King's Oily Tales (Day Trading Crude Oil)

where to get the oil events timings/updates? can you let us know plz?
I follow investing.com mainly for tracking Major events are API, epi, bh rig count etc.
There are a few good traders there who put out news as it happens in the chat too.
But, lol - do not follow the guys there, most of the good ones are trading big and positional. A lot of the rest are lost and just spam.

But track usd/inr too. As mcx depends on that to a certain extent also.

If specific query maybe I can help better but this will be helpful too. Remember to select USA in the right hand top corner when you select 'cl' ie nymex crude, else you will find it full of spam by call providers.

jyotixxx

Inventory forecast was -4.011 mbl
actual was -10.88 three times more than forecast, still crude was down from 57.63 to 56.25.
No relevance at all
I really don't care about if a news is positive or a negative. Whenever a trend changes, I change the direction. Biggest problem with these are spikes are without changing the direction often they take out the stoploss and just continue in the same direction.

Yesterday, my stoploss was taken out thrice, finally it was the last two bigger moves which made me money

Last edited:
I really don't care about if a news is positive a negative. Whenever a trend changes, I change the direction. Biggest problem with these are spikes. Without changing the direction often they take out the stoploss and just continue in the same direction.

Yesterday, my stoploss was taken out thrice, finally it was the last two bigger moves which made me money

you are spot on :). I treat inventory as a speed-breaker. the trend resumes despite outcome of inventory after a while usually. if you know the trend before the inventory then one can go in direction of trend by entering on a spike that shoots up against the trend. if the spike shoots in the trend direction then exit at high and re-enter later again once things cool down a few hours later.

you are doing right :up:. take small losses but keep going with the trend.

Inventory forecast was -4.011 mbl
actual was -10.88 three times more than forecast, still crude was down from 57.63 to 56.25.
No relevance at all
crude is strangely moody. it may follow news, fundamentals, technicals, rumors or anything else (eg -tweets) :eek:

if you can easily guess which way crude may move on inventory - then be sure it will not, :rolleyes:

inventory is just a trap as most info is already guessed correctly by the big boys who then use it to trap and wipe out newbie's like us in some 3 minutes with 2 or 3 spikes, lol

what deelipenergy does is the safest - go with the trend. even MM's cannot change the trend at will that easily. yes, they can fake it but a trend is not born in a day and needs a consolidation stage before reversal. if you look back you will see it takes several days to reverse trend at times.only way you can avoid the trap. better still, avoid pm session on this day.