monitor size

findvikas

at all thnx for ur post....bt it feels everythin will appear 2 big.....wont it??
with the screen resolution of 1680x1050 everything will feel of same size its just that you will have too much space on your desktop....

this is how it will look like (click on the link to see the image)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2pqlt8z.jpg

Wow !! Really a exciting question... This was exactly a thing which i was thinking some days back. But i have a questions here..

1. Generally trading platforms have limititations on number of market watched that could be opened. How much do u intend to open.
2. Even in each market watch there is limitation on number of scrips that could be added. How many u wana watch in a market watch.
3. How many intraday charts do u want to keep open.
4. Which trading platform in india will actually support showing up on multiple monitors.

If you answer 4th query it will help fellow-intradaytraders to shift to multi monitor system also..

Last month i saw a link where i saw around 10 monitors connected to systen by intraday trader in US.

well i wanna c only 1 chart ...+ rest of global charts.....and will trade one only 1 scrip...bt u kno swapping programs wastes lot of time...

nac

1. Generally trading platforms have limititations on number of market watched that could be opened. How much do u intend to open.
2. Even in each market watch there is limitation on number of scrips that could be added. How many u wana watch in a market watch.
3. How many intraday charts do u want to keep open.
Assume he has market watch in one full monitor. He can keep intraday charts in second monitor and third will be for live market news feeds from bloomberg or reuters or something.
My thing is, in US, FRANKFURT they trade 3-8 monitors with the buying power of half a million to xxx million. It seems to be fine for them trading with x no. of monitors. But for individuals with less capital this seems to be unnecessary. (This is just my view, don't take it hard - opinion differs)
4. Which trading platform in india will actually support showing up on multiple monitors.
I am not sure about this. I haven't tried any or seen any. But my guess is there will be.
Last month i saw a link where i saw around 10 monitors connected to systen by intraday trader in US.
I haven't seen a trader with 10 monitors, yet.

findvikas

Its not a trading software feature but the feature of your OS/Display Driver. You have an option to extend the display to two screens

4. Which trading platform in india will actually support showing up on multiple
monitors.
This is how it looks on my display which is spanned across two monitors...

this is just to show how it will look and I am not looking at 15 charts at a time to be very honest. I trade max 2 charts and keep my trading machine & chart machine seperate.

Click here to see full size image

http://vikasverma.com/Screen_MT4.png