Moneycontrol.com any expert user here?

Jesse

I have my MF investment tracked by moneycontrol.com, as of I get to know my actual gains of the previous day the next day morning.

For example lets say sensex goes 500 points up today I will see ONLY the sensex figures changing in green but the real time gain does not show up my actual value of Mutual funds invested. It takes 12 hrs to show that actual amount after the market closes so sometime after midnight between 2-3am the value changes.

I want to sell & book profit now but how do I decide which day & what time I sell so I can encase the real time value of my MF investments.

I wish there was a video tutorial on how to best use moneycontrol.com, showcasing its various features & explaining them in detail.
Hope some expert users of moneycontrol can share some experience.

Jesse

whyLately

AFAIK, MFs declare their NAV once per day after market closes. This value is declared after 9pm for most fund houses, and there is no standard time. That is why you see the effective change to your portfolio value after midnight -- whether it be moneycontrol or valueresearch or other.

Also, MFs are redeemed before 12 noon (or similar cut-off time) using the previous day's NAV. After 12 noon, the current day-end NAV would be used. So, you can only time the market on a daily basis.

Of course, the above does not apply to ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds).

Jesse

Ok that explains the reason why it does not change in real time & there is no way its possible, so I need to consider the last day NAV value to redeem & surrender the form in office before 12 noon.

Can this selling be done via email or electronically? when I bought I bought through a broker may be I call him for doing so.

For my future buying is moneycontrol a fully electronic platform where I can do everything like choose funds> fill form> submit form & pay via online bank or credit card & then do the same when I need to sell it online.

Are there any more such online mutual fund buying & selling websites?

Thanks
Jesse

Jesse

Better website for all Mutual Funds is valueresearchonline dot com
Yes I have my portfolio tracked there too but I like moneycontrol more, it seems to have quite many more features than valueresearchonline but since I don't have much knowledge about how the market work & its norms I find that I am not able to use it fully to my advantage.

Jesse

yo!

Can this selling be done via email or electronically? when I bought I bought through a broker may be I call him for doing so.

Are there any more such online mutual fund buying & selling websites?
As per SEBI Guidelines you can buy &/or sell MFs online, to the extent the MFs registered on NSE. The number of registered MFs on NSE is increasing day by day.

But you need to make a separate request to your online broker and fill some extra forms.

India Infoline, ShareKhan and others offer this facilty.

Jesse

Thanks for the additional info,
do these websites charge entry load/fee same as brokers or is it much less.
Isn't it mandatory for MF to be registered on NSE...I always thought so?

Jesse