momentum stocks

hello ppl,
well i hav been followin this forum for sometmie now,and seriously it as been very helpful.but i wanted to knoww some thing , hope u can help me out wit it.
I like stocks which hav momentum.those stocks which move 200% in a month n stuff.so i have been following allot of stocks in the bse, tht suddenly, jus start movin from circiut to circiut, and in a few cases the volumes being low.I wanted to kno wat makes these stock jus start rising tht way?
for e.g. 'OSCAR INVEST(bse)' has gone up 289% in this month, so wat tht factor tht governs such moves?

thanks...

hello ppl,
well i hav been followin this forum for sometmie now,and seriously it as been very helpful.but i wanted to knoww some thing , hope u can help me out wit it.
I like stocks which hav momentum.those stocks which move 200% in a month n stuff.so i have been following allot of stocks in the bse, tht suddenly, jus start movin from circiut to circiut, and in a few cases the volumes being low.I wanted to kno wat makes these stock jus start rising tht way?
for e.g. 'OSCAR INVEST(bse)' has gone up 289% in this month, so wat tht factor tht governs such moves?

thanks...
u need to understand the basics of financial analysis

If a co's EPS this yr is going to be treble that of last yr's (say in a turnaround situation) , the price will more or less treble ... if the markets remain stable

This price rise will not be spread over 12 mths ... it cd take as little as a few months or even a few weeks, depending on floating stock , insider play etc

At times, there is manipulation as well ... or there cd be talks of a takeover
which cd cause such spurts

Clear ?
AGILENT

PS Now dont ask me what is EPS .. pl google that

Linus

Hi ametrader,

Don't chase stocks! Let them come to you! If you know technicals, follow the exponential moving average and you will notice that you will always be able to buy any stock near to a EMA say a 21 period or a 10 period. This is value buying. Read Dr Alexander Elder - Come Into My Trading Room.

Best regards,

sunil saranjame.

Hi ametrader,

Don't chase stocks! Let them come to you! If you know technicals, follow the exponential moving average and you will notice that you will always be able to buy any stock near to a EMA say a 21 period or a 10 period. This is value buying. Read Dr Alexander Elder - Come Into My Trading Room.

Best regards,

sunil saranjame.
Sunil
His question was different :

I wanted to know what makes these stock just start rising tht way?

What is your answer ?

AGILENT

if u watch the volumes of OSCAR Invest,u'll understand its operators only who make the stock rise like that, in this case I think only 1 operator only is rqd,

the volumes are in the range from 1 to 10:)

hey, thnq so much for ur reply...
well i had hrd of such manupulations, takin ovr news n stuff... but i dont seem 2 find the news so easily. i mean r there very limited sources 4 such information r its just a wide scale manipulation.
and whr do these ppl get such information from.

thnx...

hello... thnq 4 ur reply...

r u reffering to traders, by saying operators...? and oscar inv. has been moving circuit 2 circuit without any volumes... and i'hav been undr the impression tht the volumes of the stocks r the reason the circuits r created.... i mean i had seen unitech hit a 10% upper circuit, round 6-7 mnths back.... and later on it hit only 5% circuits... could u plz explain this...

thnx...

theres also 1 more intresting thing tht id like 2 bring forth...
well thr r few stocks that have a varying value in the bse and nse.
for e.g.
Atlas Copco - (NSE)
NSE Code ATLASCOPCOEQ Date & Time 3/31/2003
Current 272.15 Open 255.00
Change 31.15 High 276.90
% Change 12.93 Low 255.00
Prev Close 241.00 52 Week high 0.00
Volume 5096 52 Week Low 0.00

Atlas Copco - (BSE)
BSE Code 526991 Date & Time 1/22/2007 3:13:46 PM
Current 777.70 Open 0.00
Change -16.40 High 0.00
% Change -2.07 Low 0.00
Prev Close 794.10 52 Week high 1,134.95
Volume 1965 52 Week Low 464.00

mayb they were newly listed in the nse, so wat i wanted 2 kno is tht, will the value in the nse rise, so as to, come 2 the same value as in the bse.
for e.g. unitech has almost same values at the nse and bse...

thnx...