Mobile/pda for trading

Aman1

Hi all,
Would like to know which mobile devices you use for trading and on which platform. Traders will be interested as 3G going to knock your door soon. Please share your experiences.

alroyraj

Hi all,
Would like to know which mobile devices you use for trading and on which platform. Traders will be interested as 3G going to knock your door soon. Please share your experiences.
Unless you have a high end handset it is not possible to get say the mobile streaming software . Am looking at a new mobile for the same. Even I dont think that we can trade through unless you are accessing the lite version of the wesite for trading. If anybody has any better ideas please advice. AM veering towards Samsung Corby CDMA mainly because of the price point and its 3G (assumed) speeds. There are comments that Tata and Reliance are able to offer such speeds due to excess unutilised spectrum with them or so Airtel allege.
In any case I know that the OS does play a huge role. In this regard Nokia has been dishing out sub optimal OS handsets say Series 40. Its really hard to find many series 60 (meaning Symbian) handsets and above. Symbian OS handsets are best for trading. In any case ironically BSNL has a very quick and dependable GPRS I was surprised to discover so am expecting the 3G to be as good.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I am newbie to trading going through my learning curve. I am trading through Angel and I find most what is written about them in this thread is so for true, except that it doesn't work through firefox. Aslo they do not have a mobile platform suitable for android 2.2. I have a Samsung Tab and I am not able to utilise the facility. I travel considerably but want to continue with my trading at my off base site too. Can any of you suggest a trading paltform that is good for SAmsung Tab(Model-P1000). I scanned the web and found that IIFL Had such a platform but it has been such a lousy response that I'm yet to get a call from their Executives after umpteen mails. That got me wondering about their customer care and then I read all the remarks on this site. Now I don't think I will want to do any thing with IIFL. So pls suggest any other site with agood mobule platform as well as good customer care.

Bhoomy