Mistakes made in Trading Life

wabuf

" Mistakes made in Trading Life "

all usual stuffs .... pulling the trigger , fear of loss , profit greed , holding -ve position , etc etc .. but apart from that ..

wasted lot of time mechanizing the trading method .. so that i could just hit BUY/SELL orders ..
(the trading system decides which trades to make, regardless of current conditions)

but started to feel the market ,.. discretionary way
(the trader decides which trades to make based on current market conditions)....

i dont know.. to consider this as mistake or evolution . lol

vijkris

Learner and Follower
What Mistake I made is a past.

What Mistake I am making right now is-

I'm a Full Time Trader with Just 50k in Hand.

Is this :down: or :yahoo: situation.
I am also ftt, how much money in hand I can't say but planning to start a challenge thread by focussing on 1 scrip, i.e crude, so that i can rectify the mistake of indiscipline.

This is the present margin btw.
Wisp bhai saw 10k in crude becoming xxx, lets see how this fares !!

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
I am also ftt, how much money in hand I can't say but planning to start a challenge thread by focussing on 1 scrip, i.e crude, so that i can rectify the mistake of indiscipline.

This is the present margin btw.
Wisp bhai saw 10k in crude becoming xxx, lets see how this fares !!

Honest trader never fails, star will get shinier for sure.

Vivek

xitija

Viju wanted me to post my views on this topic :D

well,I'm a female trader and lucky enough not to make any terrific mistakes.I started trading at the age of 20 and I got a support(mentoring) from a very skilled trader.Being a female,I had no hurry to make money,no ego,no need to prove anyone.

I strongly believe that,One should have adequate amount to trade a stock market and a little common sense.Then if you just plot any damn moving average,you will make money in a long run.

With a little common sense,you will know when to book a profit and when to hold.Its not a compulsion that you must have 1:3 RR anyhow.

Bur MM plays a vital role,for me even 15k loss a day wont matter,but if someone has a small amount like 1-2 Lakhs,then this loss is very big for her.

People too much tracing on method,AFL's etc but if you have a less capital and you are trading a method which needs 3R SL intraday or 75 points Swing SL,then imagine your trading carrier is finished sooner or later.

Frankly,with due respect to everyone here,I don't see any Hope for a trader whose trading capita is just 50k-1L.Because you will be repeating same mistakes again and again.You always fear of losing or excessive greed of making.

Well,That was an off topic reply by me :p

aja

Frankly,with due respect to everyone here,I don't see any Hope for a trader whose trading capita is just 50k-1L.Because you will be repeating same mistakes again and again.You always fear of losing or excessive greed of making.
I am totally agreed on your view.But traders like me has no solution but to continue trading with that small amount.
Mam,with due Respect to you,though you dont see any Hope for a small traders..Its the Hope which is pushing me forward,else I'd have given up a long back.It just a matter of time...I'll be there for sure.

Maana Ki Ummide Kam hai,
Lekin Koshish karna kaha manaa hai :)

XRAY27

I am totally agreed on your view.But traders like me has no solution but to continue trading with that small amount.
Mam,with due Respect to you,though you dont see any Hope for a small traders..Its the Hope which is pushing me forward,else I'd have given up a long back.It just a matter of time...I'll be there for sure.

Maana Ki Ummide Kam hai,
Aja!!!

50k is not a bad capital for trading stock !!! say risk per trade is 2 % and qty should be always as per risk..so risk capital per trade is 1000 and if ISL is 5 rs we get 200 qty..

What is important is the trade mechanism which we use for getting success,i know a senior trader who has started with this ,moved towards decent capital size !!!

He identifies the scrip on basis of daily chart and trades that in intra day segment on next day,just uses Price and Volume confirmation,his strength is
trend catching at max,i started learning group thread and wanted him to share,but he has some issue with English language and could not participate :(

But we cannot live on trading with this capital at start until it grows

Last edited:

ravi2126

Maana Ki Ummide Kam hai,

Same here with 60-70 k
But I have confidence with TJ/experienced mentors v small amount player can definitely Go further ...