Mission : Make both ends meet trading BNF and NF !

Xitij

Although max members are against Posting Vanilla trade calls and all prefer to teach fishing rather than providing the fish however a few are kind enough to help people like me who never learn. Not that I did not try, but simply could not. May be at 66 its a bit more difficult. I pride myself in learning Computer at 60+ but to learn TA is much bigger a job.... or so it seems to me.

So this thread is to share the calls I am getting for NF and BNF and ppl who are giving it do not mind my sharing it hence no issues.

Also Respected Raj Bhai asked me to start my own thread, it is his precondition to help me in BNF/NF trades'

Last few trades in BNF :
Long above 10951 on 10 Jan 2014, SL 10859 (Opp. 11116)
Short below 11022 on 10 Jan 2014 with SL 11138 (Opp.10810)
Long above 10875 on 13th Jan 2014, SL 10799 (Opp. 10990)
Short below 10922 on 13 Jan 2014 , SL 11001, Opp. 10907
Long above 10946 on 13 Jan 2014, SL 10887 , opp 11100
LONG in Hand.

Last few trades in NF :

10 Jan Long >6181 SL 6144 opp.6269
10 Jan Short < 6124 SL 6280+ Opp. 6168
13 Jan Long > 6236 SL 6154 Opp 6301
LONG in Hand

Dont know much about the strategy being used here. A 15 min. chart is being used.

Below are BNF and NF trades based on EOD charts, where charts are looked at only at the end of day and at the begining of the day and not tracked in RT.

BNF (EOD) : BNF became a Sell below 12039 on 9th Dec and the Short triggered on 10th Dec. Did a low of 11062 , approx 900+ points move. We gained just 529 points.
On 18 Dec it went long at 11510, went upto 11635, but reversed to Short on 19 dec at 11415, giving a LOSS of 95 points.

On 30 Dec again a Long trade at 11636, again a Loss of 221 points. It went up only by 10 points. It reversed to short almost immediately at 11555, at a loss of 81 points.

So till 30th Dec the Score was : +529, -95, -221, - 81, Net : 132 points

The short at 11555 on 30th Dec did a low of 10810 ! This is still short with SAR at 11111/-

Raj sir, refering to these trades , I shall pose my queries to you ! :)

saivenkat

Great Initiative sir...at 66+..

4 hour chart is a good one... for taking trades in bnf.. instead of 15 minutes..
you shall be getting lesser whipsaws.... less trades.. both reward and SL would be larger...So trading less lots would be preferable.. Most importantly less stress would be there for you sir...:):):)

For Keeping SL.. i would suggest .. the method adopted by SH in 315 strategy...

All the best.. sir..:thumb:

Xitij

Great Initiative sir...at 66+..

4 hour chart is a good one... for taking trades in bnf.. instead of 15 minutes..
you shall be getting lesser whipsaws.... less trades.. both reward and SL would be larger...So trading less lots would be preferable.. Most importantly less stress would be there for you sir...:):):)

For Keeping SL.. i would suggest .. the method adopted by SH in 315 strategy...

All the best.. sir..:thumb:
Please dont think these are levels detected by me ina chart, I am just Posting the levels received by me.
I will surely point it out to the person giving me the Trades to look at 4 hourly charts. BTW, in which Software can we see 4 hourly charts. When I was being given the basic lessons by rh6996 on charts in Metastock, 4 hourly charts were not able to be displayed.
As regards 315 of SH, indeed its good as far as I could understand, but as I progressed into the thread there came, the additional conditions after the Crossovers and thats where I had to drop it. Got confused after a time. Someone posted the concise consolidated Rules of 315, about reentry, exits and adds , though that made the understand better but still could not make myself take the trades based on my 'own' levels. Maybe a simple lack of self confidence. I did try to make excel sheet etc for crossover, but could not for Not touching 3 ema or reentry on 15 ema touch. All said, I simply could not make myself learn about analysing the charts.
Thanks 'saivenkat' for your post. I need help on "exits" ! I am given entry and SL levels and as their strategy is always in the trade on the basis of 15 minutes/30 minutes chart I do not get an exit level though the trade runs into big profit. While doing paper trades in October November I did notice that there were trades when BNF was in 180+ points profit but the reversal came giving a loss of 200+ points! Even a guidance on partial exit levels will be welcome. I trade maximum 2 lots in BNF and 2 lots in NF !
So look forward to guidance on this matter.

Xitij

LONG in Hand.

LONG in Hand

Position unchanged as at 14th Jan 2014 Opening session.

gmt900

Please dont think these are levels detected by me ina chart, I am just Posting the levels received by me.
I will surely point it out to the person giving me the Trades to look at 4 hourly charts. BTW, in which Software can we see 4 hourly charts. When I was being given the basic lessons by rh6996 on charts in Metastock, 4 hourly charts were not able to be displayed.
As regards 315 of SH, indeed its good as far as I could understand, but as I progressed into the thread there came, the additional conditions after the Crossovers and thats where I had to drop it. Got confused after a time. Someone posted the concise consolidated Rules of 315, about reentry, exits and adds , though that made the understand better but still could not make myself take the trades based on my 'own' levels. Maybe a simple lack of self confidence. I did try to make excel sheet etc for crossover, but could not for Not touching 3 ema or reentry on 15 ema touch. All said, I simply could not make myself learn about analysing the charts.
Thanks 'saivenkat' for your post. I need help on "exits" ! I am given entry and SL levels and as their strategy is always in the trade on the basis of 15 minutes/30 minutes chart I do not get an exit level though the trade runs into big profit. While doing paper trades in October November I did notice that there were trades when BNF was in 180+ points profit but the reversal came giving a loss of 200+ points! Even a guidance on partial exit levels will be welcome. I trade maximum 2 lots in BNF and 2 lots in NF !
Hi pcj,
I have been studying 315 for a year now. I too initially was not sure whether I should follow this strategy. Recently, as a new year resolution , I took the plunge and entered 315. While I agree with you that for a senior citizen reading charts can be daunting, the beauty of the system is that you can play with only one lot till you get confidence to try advanced stuff like Add, pyramiding etc.Moreover, it is less stressful. I have backtested the method for 6 /7 years and found that there never was a loss even if you follow plain vanilla 315 system.
This is just by way of sharing .
BTW, I too am a senior citizen . In fact, am senior to you.
Cheers,
gmt

rkkarnani

Hi pcj,
I have been studying 315 for a year now. I too initially was not sure whether I should follow this strategy. Recently, as a new year resolution , I took the plunge and entered 315. While I agree with you that for a senior citizen reading charts can be daunting, the beauty of the system is that you can play with only one lot till you get confidence to try advanced stuff like Add, pyramiding etc.Moreover, it is less stressful. I have backtested the method for 6 /7 years and found that there never was a loss even if you follow plain vanilla 315 system.
This is just by way of sharing .
BTW, I too am a senior citizen . In fact, am senior to you.
Cheers,
gmt
Hello Sir, You must be much much senior to me as you are older than PCJ! So with all my respect would like to say that : Please do not take this post as my criticism for your comments. Just remember : To err is human ! and I may be wrong in my assessment.
I do not agree at all with your comment : I have backtested the method for 6 /7 years and found that there never was a loss even if you follow plain vanilla 315 system. Sir, there was a period when 315 in Vanilla mode was not profitable at all ! Must hasten to add that 315 with all its ingredients is awesome!
My advise would be : Never trade 315 in Vanilla mode !
There are posts by a few members who took the trouble of analysing the 315 in Vanilla mode and posted the results showing it was not profitable !
I totally agree that anyone going for complete capsule of 315 should better start with 1 or 2 lots and then gradually promote oneself to bigger quantities.

gmt900

Hello Sir, You must be much much senior to me as you are older than PCJ! So with all my respect would like to say that : Please do not take this post as my criticism for your comments. Just remember : To err is human ! and I may be wrong in my assessment.
I do not agree at all with your comment : I have backtested the method for 6 /7 years and found that there never was a loss even if you follow plain vanilla 315 system. Sir, there was a period when 315 in Vanilla mode was not profitable at all ! Must hasten to add that 315 with all its ingredients is awesome!
My advise would be : Never trade 315 in Vanilla mode !
There are posts by a few members who took the trouble of analysing the 315 in Vanilla mode and posted the results showing it was not profitable !
I totally agree that anyone going for complete capsule of 315 should better start with 1 or 2 lots and then gradually promote oneself to bigger quantities.
Thanks for your comments. In fact, I have done the backtesting with and without the modifications. And I did find a lot of difference in the results and I fully agree that one should use complete capsule of 315 strategy for best results.
The idea in suggesting the system to pcj was that one can begin with plain vanilla mode if one feels overawed by the madifications( especially if you are non IT senior citizen). Later as one feels comfortable with the system, one can use modifications.
Since I too felt a little uncomfortable with the modifications initially I thought I will start with vanilla version.
Incidentally, yesterday there was a confusion since future charts for nifty showed it was ADD day at EOD, while nifty spot charts showed that it was a SAR day. Today at 1.30 pm it is ADD day but in the morning there was a crossover. Let's see what happens at EOD.
I am convinced that in the long run after one gets experience of using the system this will be a great system.
Also, one can develope one's own system which can be based on 315.

Xitij

LONG in Hand.

LONG in Hand

Position unchanged as at 14th Jan 2014 Opening session.
BNF : SAR had moved at open to below 11000,say 10989! Trade is now Short with SL/SAR @ 110072 ! This may change if further low or closing value changes significantly.

NF : SAR had moved to 6258 and hence Reversed to Short. SAR for the time being is at 6291, this may move if further low is made.

saivenkat

In
which Software can we see 4 hourly charts. When I was being given the basic lessons by rh6996 on charts in Metastock, 4 hourly charts were not able to be displayed.
Sirji.. I love using metatrader 4, platform.. in which using the periodic convertor.. you can get charts in any time frame you desire.. The problem of MT4 is that the Datafeed is costlier..

Any how if you intend to trade in nifty alone.. then GCI is enough.. you can download the GCI demo.. as its unlimted demo... and try using it..

I don't know much about Ami.. In case of Amibroker... the daily time frame is more or less suitable..

I need help on "exits" ! I am given entry and SL levels and as their strategy is always in the trade on the basis of 15 minutes/30 minutes chart I do not get an exit level though the trade runs into big profit. While doing paper trades in October November I did notice that there were trades when BNF was in 180+ points profit but the reversal came giving a loss of 200+ points! Even a guidance on partial exit levels will be welcome. I trade maximum 2 lots in BNF and 2 lots in NF !
This is the problem .. in using MA's in taking exits.. as we give back the profits to the market...

therefore i try to use the percentage of trailing stoploss.. which i find it useful... no backtesting i did in this.. using 4 hr charts.. i would keep

Initial SL would be 200 points, then if you are in profit of more than 200 points.. then i would shift the sl in the following way..

I would bring the SL to cost price.. and then till 3% move is on the upper side.. sl would be at cost price.. once the price moves greater than 3%.. i would reduce the SL to 2%.. then even if trend continues... then Trail Sl maximum closer to 1%... ( 200 pts, then 3, 2, 1%)

One can modify the stoploss... according to their risk holding capacity..

Xitij

BNF : SAR had moved at open to below 11000,say 10989! Trade is now Short with SL/SAR @ 110072 ! This may change if further low or closing value changes significantly.

NF : SAR had moved to 6258 and hence Reversed to Short. SAR for the time being is at 6291, this may move if further low is made.
BNF : Above Opening level if it is > 11011 trade will reverse to long.

NF : ABove opening level if it is > 6281 trade will reverse to long.