Mirae China Advantage Fund

If your debt:equity allocation is in place and your exposure to large and midcaps in India is adequate; it is helpful to get some overseas exposure.

Mirae China is a better fund of all the China funds available right now. JP Morgan comes close but is structured differently.

The key is to figure out the market that you seek to diversify across from Asia to US or Latin America. Ideally, India and the overseas market that you seek to diversify across; should have a low correlation. That is why I started a SIP in ING Latin America Equity a while ago. I also plan to start a SIP in Mirae Asset China in a while, even though China is fairly co related to India. The good thing about China is that it is not as fairly valued as India right now.

The other factor of course is the taxation of these funds. They are taxed as Debt funds so ideally, you should be in these for the long haul.

I would stick to a feeder like Mirae China or JPMorgan Greater China rather than invest in the so called International funds that are 65% invested in India and the balance abroad to structure them as Equity funds for taxation purposes.

Also, where do you research your International funds? fundsupermart and Valuereaserch are poor portals when it comes to this. You should look at Morningstar and Bloomberg and research the Parent fund there.

Just b'coz the nav is low does not mean it cant get lower :)

whatever you have, throw it in a liquid fund and do a SIP from there for at least 6 months.

Lumpsum investments never did me any good :thumb:

LOL, No. I meant that I am not in favour of lumpsum investments at all. Even when the PE levels are low. PE is not a definitive indicator when it comes to a mutual fund anyway.

I invested lump sums before I had any knowledge of portfolio management and allocation.