minimum speed required?

what usb wireless connection are u using..we have only tata indicom and reliance both of them have only speeds of 144kbps so whats the usb service u are using??
I use Tata Indicom. When it get connected, it says Huawei Modem connected at 324kbps. I have not actually used any software to measure the exact speed. You may be right it could be only 144kbps. But it is 100% better than the 128kbps Incablenet cable connection i earlier had with a dedicated modem. I only use this when i am on the road. At home it is either Tata Indicom VSNL Broadband or Triband MTNL Broadband both with speeds upto 1mbps. It is damned good, when you use the Broadband connection to call a US land phone or mobile which I often do.

I use Tata Indicom. When it get connected, it says Huawei Modem connected at 324kbps. I have not actually used any software to measure the exact speed. You may be right it could be only 144kbps. But it is 100% better than the 128kbps Incablenet cable connection i earlier had with a dedicated modem. I only use this when i am on the road. At home it is either Tata Indicom VSNL Broadband or Triband MTNL Broadband both with speeds upto 1mbps. It is damned good, when you use the Broadband connection to call a US land phone or mobile which I often do.

tata indicom and reliance usb datacards have capcity not more than144kbps..can u please confirm me ur download speed in it..just download a song or a file and see the speed..if its around 16 and more then its very good..

tata indicom and reliance usb datacards have capcity not more than144kbps..can u please confirm me ur download speed in it..just download a song or a file and see the speed..if its around 16 and more then its very good..

OK I tried what you suggested. It downloaded the file in USB Modem with speeding varying from 15 to 17. The same file was downloaded with VSNL Tata Indicom Broadband connection, the download speed varied from
163 to 183kbps. A real broadband connection is a pleasure to work na

OK I tried what you suggested. It downloaded the file in USB Modem with speeding varying from 15 to 17. The same file was downloaded with VSNL Tata Indicom Broadband connection, the download speed varied from
yeah dude..but 15 to 17 is not so bad when we are mobile and suddenly need to sell few shares..have fun buddy.. c ya

:D:D 15 to 17 kBps means you are also at 128kpbs speed.
128Kbps = 16KBps. Note the difference "B".

kbps means kilobits per second
KBps KiloBytes per second

1 bit=8 bytes

So 128 kbps/8 = 16KBps.