MF invesment

Hi, I want to invest rs 1500/ month in MF through SIP for another 2 years. I just want to know, is this the right time to start invest as the market is on the down side.
Also I want to know which MF I should invest for the mentioned amount and period.
Can I use this 1500 rs for a sing MF or should I split into two for two different MF?:confused:

Your response will be really helpful for me!

Thanks!

sriram555,

You can start investing in one or more funds as you wish. But don't add more than 4-5 funds because it will become complicated to monitor and manage all.

You can refer valueresearchonline.com for top rated funds. Select any fund from top 5 or 4 and start investing.

My suggestion:
(1) Franklin Templeton India Bluechip Fund Rs.1500
or
(2) Franklin Templeton India Bluechip Fund Rs.1000
Quantum Long term equity fund Rs.500

Thanks,
Chetan

Mr.G

Hi, I want to invest rs 1500/ month in MF through SIP for another 2 years. I just want to know, is this the right time to start invest as the market is on the down side.
Also I want to know which MF I should invest for the mentioned amount and period.
Can I use this 1500 rs for a sing MF or should I split into two for two different MF?:confused:

Your response will be really helpful for me!

Thanks!
Invest in a debt fund, 2 years is very less for equity.

I overlooked about tenure. Since its just 2 years invest in FD or RD if you are completely risk averse. If you are ok with little risk can invest in debt funds.

Thanks to everyone! I think I will start a RD for this money and after accumulating the money for 1 or 2 years, I will invest that...

Is this sounds good right:p