Metastock is the Ultimate

:D Hi Friends,

I am not a very old hand in the stock market, its about 5-6 yrs. that I am into the market. When I made my first entrty here I didn't know anything about the market dyanamics.I would buy at my whim and sell at a time when I could no more bear the loss. Oneday I started thinking what could be driving force in the mkt.? This made me think. I searched the web and found some material in stock-charts.com. I gulped those chapters down and I found I wanted to know more and thus made my entry into the world of TA. At those times luckily EOD data was supplied by Yahoo free and this helped me a lot. A software which is available free on the net Wallstreetanalyzer helped me a lot to learn the indicators. Then I graduated to Amibroker. This software too is a great software and helped me a lot to learn. Then I had money to buy Metastock and it opened up a new world in front of me. I took time in learning Metastock. Wow, this software just can do everything an analyst might need. Now I am acclaimed amongst my clients as an analyst. I have heard people snobbing with Advanced Get, but Metastock is the BOSS. My advice to the newcomers go for Metastock and realize what you have been missing out till now.

Thanks
Ropewlkr

U

uasish

Dear Sir,
I agree with u about Metastock being the basic.Unfortunately A,get has one specific advantage over Meta that is Future Price probability.Now whenever i make this statement i know a plethora of debate "price predictability of Metastock"by Gann etc.etc will open up & ,having passed class 8(which by indian constitution literacy line)in TA ,kepping all angle in perspective & using
both the softwares since 3 yrs,moreover as trading being my only proffession,
one has to graduate to A.get & use it as a confirmatory bouncing board.
However i have to cite an example to establish why Metastock is the basic building block ,3 trading days ago, TISCO which as per Get was in 5th downward but Metastock had given me a strong buy signal i bought & now my buying price is deep in the money but will positevely liquidate my positions becoz of Get forecast of Tisco's future.
Regards
Asish

Hi Friend,

You said three day's back that is on 24th perhaps Tisco was 364.45 (closing). Yesterday Tisco was 402.05 (closing). So, Metastock is the winner and AdGet ?. See what I said, Metastock is the BEST. AdGet is like an elephant's teeth, only to show off.

Thanks
Ropewalker:D

AJAY

Dear Ropewalker,
Pl. find the difference between Advanced Get And Metastock. Advanced Get is a tool for investing/trading. It is a mechanised trading system. Wherein Metastock is a software through which you can make your own trading system. Both have got their advantages and drawbacks. Pl. don't make a debate on this issue. Experience both of them and try to make out something best out of it. And there are lot more software programmes available. No one can declare that some "X" is the best.
Happy trading
AJAY

U

uasish

Ropewalker said:
Hi Friend,

You said three day's back that is on 24th perhaps Tisco was 364.45 (closing). Yesterday Tisco was 402.05 (closing). So, Metastock is the winner and AdGet ?. See what I said, Metastock is the BEST. AdGet is like an elephant's teeth, only to show off.

Thanks
Ropewalker:D
Dear Sir,
When u have survived 5-6 yrs i belive ur a prudent trader.Now if u find IPCA
Lab, Ginni Filament & Samtel Color as per ur custom exploration that they r safe buy (becoz at 10k near budget & Nifty at 5th wave safety wolud be more prudent).What would u do ? Here Get becomes a confirmatory bouncing
board,when u know possibly in future Ginni & Samtel will survive better becoz they r at end 5th Down where as ipca (which i have taken position on friday)
is 4th Upward like Tisco will never survive in a vicious correction .How ever
even Get can mislead like several weeks ago Nifty PTI was 24 hence crossing its prev 3rd top was less possibility but see actually it did & now we r at 10k.
Hence Metastock is an absolute must for TA but Get has to be a confirmatory
like MACD though being a lagging indicator still kees u on the right side of the market.
Regards
Asish

karthikmarar

Hi

Some how I missed this one. Rather interesting discussion. Which is the best? Metastock or Aget? .Are we not missing something here? What makes the difference? It is the software or the man who is doing the analysis and decision?
One can have the very best car on earth but if he does not know how to drive, the car is useless to him. One can have the best software and he does not know TA properly then also he is going to lose money in the market. A skillful person can make very successful trading even with the simplest free software available. An example is our very own Amit whose fantastic calls are based on excel worksheets. Metastock can give you umpteen number of indicators and if one does not know what to look for and how to analyze, then metastock would be useless. Obviously one cannot make buy and sell decision based on the standard experts available with metastock, then it would not be TA. So the knowledge of TA would make all the difference whatever software one uses. Remember the old saying for the skilled even the grass is a weapon :)

Regards

Karthik

U

uasish

karthikmarar said:
Hi

Some how I missed this one. Rather interesting discussion. Which is the best? Metastock or Aget? .Are we not missing something here? What makes the difference? It is the software or the man who is doing the analysis and decision?
One can have the very best car on earth but if he does not know how to drive, the car is useless to him. One can have the best software and he does not know TA properly then also he is going to lose money in the market. A skillful person can make very successful trading even with the simplest free software available. An example is our very own Amit whose fantastic calls are based on excel worksheets. Metastock can give you umpteen number of indicators and if one does not know what to look for and how to analyze, then metastock would be useless. Obviously one cannot make buy and sell decision based on the standard experts available with metastock, then it would not be TA. So the knowledge of TA would make all the difference whatever software one uses. Remember the old saying for the skilled even the grass is a weapon :)

Regards

Karthik
Dear Sir,
It is need less to say that for smart inteligent TA like ur friend who has mastered Excel to find out right trading oppurtunities.Think about mediocre
people like me who some times dream not to feed from other peoples hand,for
those "Aam Admi ", we have to depend on Metastock & Get to make our own
trading decisions.
U know better than me that Mr Gann use to go to the pit with only 2 sheet of
papers & can any body deny his success,unfortunately i am not only mediocre
but still unable to control my ego which gets so inflated with a small success
that obviously next trades becomes subjective & money is lost.
Thks for reminding me the same & by doing the same u r actually helping me for my development ,which as a senior u should.
Regards
Asish

amibroker metastock, and Adv get is really a matter of debate but depends upon your approach, metastock requires active analyst while aget wants you to be passive and follow the rule based approaches only