Metastock Intraday Data time frame conversion

psvaja

Hi

can anybody know how to convert metastock 1 min data to 15/30 min data ? or can we import intraday data (1 min) to metastock (e.g. 30 minutes) ? is there any utility available ? I have saumya's 1 min data but due to limitation of records (65K), i need to compress with higher time frame.

Please help...

Pravin

oxusmorouz

Hi

can anybody know how to convert metastock 1 min data to 15/30 min data ? or can we import intraday data (1 min) to metastock (e.g. 30 minutes) ? is there any utility available ? I have saumya's 1 min data but due to limitation of records (65K), i need to compress with higher time frame.

Please help...

Pravin
When you convert it using downloader, choose a higher time frame in tools---> convert ---> options.

When you convert it using downloader, choose a higher time frame in tools---> convert ---> options.
Dear oxusmorouz,
I also facing exactly same problem. when I used higher time frame as suggested by u (5min instead of 1 min) and converted data and then check how much space its taking (by right click on chart then edit data which open data window in downloder), i noticed its taking same space (335 as orignal data is 1min timeframe. although in charts its showing as 5 min)
so in short, when converting using 0 or 1 or 5 min as timeframe, it is able to stored same number of days of records.
what is the solution?

nilaish