Can anyone help me with a complete custom formula in Metastock, which can show:
- MACD signal Line 9 period
- MACD line (26, 12 period)
- MACD histogram

mangup

Pl help me by making a metastock indicator formula for below conditions:-

Name of the formula VWAP
1. TF - 1 min
2. I have open, high, low, close & volume values of every 1 min candle.
3. Calculated Typical Price = (H+L+C)/3
4. Multiply Typical price x Volume
5. Calculate Cumm of (Typical price x Volume)
6. Calculate Cumm Volume
7. VWAP = Cumm of (Typical price x Volume)/Cumm Volume

I want to start the calculation a fresh with the start of the day's first candle.
VWAP line must move on the chart along with the formation of candles.

Also i want to make indicator for :-
Diff between close & VWAP in histogram format.

Kindly help me.

mangup

Dear Vinuth,

Its not working. It is giving a straight line on the charts. Also I think you have not used "A" in the formula. Also need to insert the condition for starting the calculation from the start of the day in the formula.

Thanks!

rkkarnani

Dear Vinuth,

Its not working. It is giving a straight line on the charts. Also I think you have not used "A" in the formula. Also need to insert the condition for starting the calculation from the start of the day in the formula.

Thanks!
Are you looking for VWAP=Volume Weighted Average Price. ??
VWAP is usually used in EOD charts and not Intraday charts!! I have somewhere a Formula Indicator for EOD, will look for it and post the same!!
BTW the staright line you are getting is not the Indicator but the price plot.. place the indicator in a separate window you will understand what I am trying to say!!

mangup

Thanks Mr.Karnani. I have attached a 5 min ID chart in which VWAP is added as a seperate indicator. I am unable to make out from it.

Last edited:

rkkarnani

All I wanted to convey was that you dont get a straight line!! I have no idea how VWAP is used in ointraday chart!!(In fact did not even use it on EOD charts) For EOD if you dont have and are interested I can look for it in my 'old' PC and post it here for you!!

mangup

Dear Mr.Karnani,

How to use VWAP in ID is explained nicely by smarttrade in his thread "Thoughts on Day-swing trading". Kindly go thorugh if interested.

If possible pl give the formula/logic for operating VWAP on EOD basis.

Thanks!