metastock exploration weekend

Helloo
This my first thread to me on this forum and I will start with showing my greeting to those who supporting this site and helping other people. The high level of adequate answer to other people made me register and try to find new friends from this internet domain.

Well,
I need some help in regarding the Metastock Exploration. I am using Metastock for analyzing our market which is start from Saturday till Thursday. There is no market on Friday (our weekend).

When I use the Metastock exploration, it goes and scan all the day correctly. However, this is true except for Saturday and Sunday. If I do the exploration on Saturday or Sunday, it does not read the Saturday because it assumes it is a weekend (this is my assumption). The same thing if I did the exploration on Sunday. For the other days on the week, it worked perfect. I believe that there should be some setting to tell the metastock exploration that the weekend is Friday not Saturday and Sunday. Does any body know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

thanks for your replay. but not this what i am looking for. i am asking for metastock exploration not the chart.
only metastock exploration currently ignore the weekend data or it assume it is sunday and saturday. the chart is displaying the data correctly.

by the way, "ignore weekend data" was already uncheck

saham said:
Helloo
This my first thread to me on this forum and I will start with showing my greeting to those who supporting this site and helping other people. The high level of adequate answer to other people made me register and try to find new friends from this internet domain.

Well,
I need some help in regarding the Metastock Exploration. I am using Metastock for analyzing our market which is start from Saturday till Thursday. There is no market on Friday (our weekend).

When I use the Metastock exploration, it goes and scan all the day correctly. However, this is true except for Saturday and Sunday. If I do the exploration on Saturday or Sunday, it does not read the Saturday because it assumes it is a weekend (this is my assumption). The same thing if I did the exploration on Sunday. For the other days on the week, it worked perfect. I believe that there should be some setting to tell the metastock exploration that the weekend is Friday not Saturday and Sunday. Does any body know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Saham ,

In MetaStock when u r Exploring for any non-trading day it consider last trading day before Exploration date (opted in exploration option) as exploration date .

Harish Chheda

Well,
It is not the case with me. I just double check with what I said.
I populated to securities. One till Sunday 16 October. And the other one is with Monday 17 October.
When I do exploration on The first one (16 October), it will display the data till October 13 which is Thursday. Even though if I press inspect, it displays the data till October 16, but it will not take it in the exploration.
For the second case, if I do exploration on the second security, the exploration ended correct till October 17 and there is no contradict between it and the inspect buttons.

I am using Metastock profisinal version 8.0

in the attachment you will find clear example.

Thanks for your efforts.

Hi,
This is a bug in metastock 9 and metastcok 8. it is resolved in metastock 9.1
please see the replay i got from Metastock support.

"This was fixed in the 9.1 version. Please contact your dealer to
upgrade.

Equis Support"

Best regards