Metastock Expert Advisor - Pivot Analysis

karthikmarar

Hi

First let me recall a post by Saint in his tread "NEW INTERMED UPTREND" (http://www.traderji.com/showpost.php?p=13126&postcount=73)

Based on this excellant post I have made an Metstock Expert Advisor for plotting the pivots and lablelling them as "Higher High-(HH)", "Lower High (LH)", "Higher Low - (HL)" and "Lower Low - (LL)". Also an Alert signal will be plotted when an Higher High is being made after a LowerHigh (Bullish). An alert is provided when Lower high is made after an Higher High (Bearish).

I am enclosing the same SESA GOA Chart referred by saint with the Expert Advisor.

Please check it out and Let me know your valuable opinions. If somebody feels it will be useful I will post the code for the Advisor.

regards

karthik

Last edited:

alokdaga

karthikmarar said:
Hi

First let me recall a post by Saint in his tread "NEW INTERMED UPTREND" (http://www.traderji.com/showpost.php?p=13126&postcount=73)

Based on this excellant post I have made an Metstock Expert Advisor for plotting the pivots and lablelling them as "Higher High-(HH)", "Lower High (LH)", "Higher Low - (HL)" and "Lower Low - (LL)". Also an Alert signal will be plotted when an Higher High is being made after a LowerHigh (Bullish). An alert is provided when Lower high is made after an Higher High (Bearish).

I am enclosing the same SESA GOA Chart referred by saint with the Expert Advisor.

Please check it out and Let me know your valuable opinions. If somebody feels it will be useful I will post the code for the Advisor.

regards

karthik
Please do post the code. It will of much help.

Alok

karthikmarar said:
Hi

regards

karthik
Dear

Your post of the system would help many traders. If you are kind enough, then just go ahead and post your system for benefits of others, that is what this forum is for.

Regards
James Alex
Trend is your FRIENd, FOLLOW it

karthikmarar

Dear Alok and James

Not that I dont want to post the system. Sharing is what like best in this forum. I was actually waiting for some comments so that I can improve it better.Like I was planning to include moving avarages in the same plot so that you get an idea of crossovers also. Was also tied up a little. I will post the current system as it is very soon. Please bear with me.

regards

karthik

karthikmarar

srisara said:
kranthi,

where can i get a copy of MetaStock? Original is too costly...
Srisara

Frankly I cannot help you much on this. Since Iam based in Kuwait it may not be possible to share it with you. Maybe some of you friends can pool in and buy one.

Anyway thanks for your Data extractor. It was very useful for me.

best regards

karthik

karthikmarar said:
Hi

regards

karthik
Very nice,karthik......great going!

karthikmarar

Alok, James and Avinash

Sorry for the delay in posting the Advisor code. Because of the size I am enclosing the same as a word file.

Please note that the Advisor is using the ZigZag function to detect the peaks and bottoms. The ZigZag function filters out changes in the data that are less than X percent or points, punctuating the significant moves. Our Advisor detects changes up to 2%. My observation is that it works for most of the charts. For some stock with large movements 4% seems to be better. The formula can be changed for this if required. More details provided in the enclosed file. I am working out a method the select the % before applying the Advisor.

Please provide your feedback and suggestions to make it better.

Hope this will be useful to you.

Thanks and regards

karthik