Metastock Expert Advisor - Pivot Analysis

karthikmarar said:
Alok, James and Avinash

Sorry for the delay in posting the Advisor code. Because of the size I am enclosing the same as a word file.

Please note that the Advisor is using the ZigZag function to detect the peaks and bottoms. The ZigZag function filters out changes in the data that are less than X percent or points, punctuating the significant moves. Our Advisor detects changes up to 2%. My observation is that it works for most of the charts. For some stock with large movements 4% seems to be better. The formula can be changed for this if required. More details provided in the enclosed file. I am working out a method the select the % before applying the Advisor.

Please provide your feedback and suggestions to make it better.

Hope this will be useful to you.

Thanks and regards

karthik

karthik

Thanks for your post. It will indeed help to all the forum users.

I will try to post the expert if any modifications are done.

Regards
James Alex
Trend is your FRIENd, FOLLOW it

Dear All

As per the Karthik's last post, he has posted the code for pivot analysis in doc files.

I have made the expert for newbie's who do not have any experience in prog experts in Metatsock.

download the zip file, there is an exe file just click on it and it will install the expert into your metastock. After the completion, open Metastock, open any security and attach the expert to the charts and VOILA!!! enjoy.

:confused: SORRY, Please see the attched image the limit exceeds the quota. Kindly send me email and I will send you the file. My email address is the display name @ yahoo.com

James Alex
Trend if your FRIENd, FOLLOW it

Attachments

Hi jamesalex_us ,
U have done really good job .I appreciate your work . Plz upload file to http://rapidshare.de/ and send link here so that all the traderji community can take benefit .

Thanks and Regards,
Harish Chheda

4candles

jamesalex_us said:
Dear All

As per the Karthik's last post, he has posted the code for pivot analysis in doc files.

I have made the expert for newbie's who do not have any experience in prog experts in Metatsock.

download the zip file, there is an exe file just click on it and it will install the expert into your metastock. After the completion, open Metastock, open any security and attach the expert to the charts and VOILA!!! enjoy.

:confused: SORRY, Please see the attched image the limit exceeds the quota. Kindly send me email and I will send you the file. My email address is the display name @ yahoo.com

James Alex
Trend if your FRIENd, FOLLOW it
Hi jamesalex_us,

you can upload the file to http://www.savefile.com/filehost/ and provide a link here for others to download.

regards,
4candles

4candles said:
Hi jamesalex_us,

you can upload the file to http://www.savefile.com/filehost/ and provide a link here for others to download.

regards,
4candles
Dear Chedda & 4Candles

Please find the download link at;
http://www.savefile.com/files/8213795

PLEASE NOTE: When instaling the expert it will ask to overwrite the DLL files just click on continue/ok, dont worry it will not cause any harm to your existing software.

Hope it helps all the forum visitors. This is what it is meant for.

Regards
James Alex

Last edited:

karthikmarar

Hi james

Thanks a lot for making the expert advisor more accessable. Would like to have your comments and suggestions.

I am not a techie...but would be interested to know how to convert the .DTA file into a executable file.

regards

karthik

alokdaga

Hello Karthik and James,

I went through the indicator. I think it is an ideal indicator were signal keeps on changing with the data. So it shows the best case condition only where a signal generated gets changed later. Is it so?

Alok

karthikmarar

alokdaga said:
Hello Karthik and James,

I went through the indicator. I think it is an ideal indicator were signal keeps on changing with the data. So it shows the best case condition only where a signal generated gets changed later. Is it so?

Alok[/QUOTE

Sorry Alok .... Can you elaborate your question

regards

karthik

karthikmarar said:
Hi james

Thanks a lot for making the expert advisor more accessable. Would like to have your comments and suggestions.

I am not a techie...but would be interested to know how to convert the .DTA file into a executable file.

regards

karthik
Dear Karthik

To convert the .DTA file to exe format is through the Metastock Developers Kit.

The kit is available to the developers of Metastock Tools and is available for purchase through www.equis.com All you have to do is fill their form and then they will approve you if you are eligible to get the copy or not.

Regards
James Alex

alokdaga

:)
karthikmarar said:
alokdaga said:
Hello Karthik and James,

Alok[/QUOTE

Sorry Alok .... Can you elaborate your question

regards

karthik
What I mean to say that the pivots created are IDEAL pivots and they keep on chaging as the market changes. So if one trades in real time, or end of day, one cannot as they keep changing. I hope I am able to explain my question.

:)

Alok