METASTOCK EOD -- Data conversion tools

I am planning to buy Metastock EOD. I would like to know (from those who already bought the same) whether NSE price data conversion tools (like metalib) are provided with the software.

I understand that Downloader comes bundled with the software which can convert ASCII data files to Metastock format. But can it work in batch and work for historical data range or will it be for a single day.

Thanks in advance for your info.

Sankar

karthikmarar

Hi Sankar

The Metastock downloader comes with utility to convert ASCII, Excel files to metastock format. But the downloader does not download the data directly from nse site. The bhav copies or individual stock historical data has to be downloaded separately form the nse site.

Ofcouse the the NSE data which is in csv formats cannot be converted directly to metastock data format. Some additional columns have to be deleted and some columns have to be renamed. But acually it takes only few minutes to do these changes and the the file should be saved as a excel files which can be converted to metastock format using the downloader.

But you can subscribe to some data provider for the data. Please do check the the relevant sections on software and data feed of this forum to get more details of the data providers.

regards

karthik

dear karthik,
i felt xcited by reading ur comment. i wish to do the conversion my self. i want to make first hand knowledge on this data conversion. could u help me by proving details in step by step approach??? with high expectations

saikat:) :) :)

saikatdg said:
dear karthik,
i felt xcited by reading ur comment. i wish to do the conversion my self. i want to make first hand knowledge on this data conversion. could u help me by proving details in step by step approach??? with high expectations

saikat:) :) :)
dear saikatdg,
First convert any metastock data file to csv data file by your metastock downloader. Now open this csv file in excel worsheet. Replace the columns by the corresponding columns of the nse bhav copy without editing the top two header rows and keeping the date format identical. Now, restart the downloader and convert the csv file to metastock format. Its that easy.

sudhir

Last edited:
sudhir
thank u very much.:) :) i am doing it. but if i wish to do it for entire nse, do i have to do it for each of the the files every stock???:confused: :confused:
waiting for ur reply.
saikat