META STOCK

I first experimented with almost all of the indicators to see how they worked and performed under different market conditions.

I then selected the best indicators that I thought to be suitable for my type of trading/investing and read more about them from the help menu and various books.

I then designed a trading system that suited my style and temperment of trading.

I then tested the trading system across different sectors, commodities, international indices & stocks using the system tester in MetaStock.

After I was convinced with the results, I started trading the system using REAL MONEY!!

Well said amc,

It takes months if not years to come up a trading system that one is comfortable with.

Trading the markets and being successful at it is PLENTY of HARD WORK.

There are NO SHORTCUTS!

sh50

Thanks amc. I suppose it is highly individualistic and subjective and there is no general path or short cuts. It shall have to be by trial and error. Thanks for broad guideline.

sh50

Being specific I want to focus on three areas:-

Investing- I know metastock is primarily a trading software but also helps investors. Is thereanything else u would like to mention apart from price> 200 day moving average.

On using metastock for decisions on Derivatives and intraday, any broad guidelines? Thanks.

Arguing about the trend of the market based on the 200-day moving average might be fun at cocktail parties (depending on your definition of fun) but won't really make anyone money. Instead, buying when the trend is absolutely, unequivocally down and the market is plummeting vis a vis its 200-day moving average is usually the best time to take a trade on the long side. By the time the talking heads are debating a new trend when price closes above the 200-day moving average you are long gone out of the market, hopefully on vacation.
Read what James Altucher has to say on the 200DMA

Remember the trend is your friend

sh50

Repply to moving average

Thanks. I attended a two day seminar on technical analysis but am not really satisfied. I wrote to the equis people that why can't they try to produce
metastock professionals just the way we have Tally(best FA software) graduates in India and microsoft certified professionals. Do u think it makes sense?

Last edited:
Is there a way where quotetracker data can be feeded to metastock

There is a plugin
ms feed real time

But i need a free plugin

Do u have any metastock plugins which will do the same