Message from a new member

Hi everyone there,

First of all please accept my Best Wishes for 2071. Though I worked in Pharma for more than 40 years at different level in India and the US as well, I am a new entrant to the field of stock market which I kept on avoiding up till now.
Since I took self retirement and being a workaholic, it was very difficult for me to sit idle as I decided to remain away from the Industry were I worked for such along time. I am sure I will have your assistance and guidance as and when needed most.

Thanks for your time
Regards to all
Kirit

DSM

Welcome to trading. The fact is the first 5 years of trading will be most difficult, where majority of traders bankrupt their account many times over. No statistics but majority of 'investors' will also lose money, violating many cardinal rules of trading and investing. So enjoy your retirement, take time to learn and start small, using only a miniscule amount of capital that you are comfortable to lose.

Hi everyone there,

First of all please accept my Best Wishes for 2071. Though I worked in Pharma for more than 40 years at different level in India and the US as well, I am a new entrant to the field of stock market which I kept on avoiding up till now.
Since I took self retirement and being a workaholic, it was very difficult for me to sit idle as I decided to remain away from the Industry were I worked for such along time. I am sure I will have your assistance and guidance as and when needed most.

Thanks for your time
Regards to all
Kirit

Hi everyone there,

Thanks for your time
Regards to all
Kirit
Welcome to the board, if you are looking for usefull information on technical analysis then go on to read the thread Teach a man to fish and many other usefull theads.

amsin21

Hi everyone there,

Thanks for your time
Regards to all
Kirit
@2071 .... a long time, but with a positive note.

Self retirement, a proven workaholic (field irrelevant & experience) & looking to get engaged in something because I can't sit idle attitude are not the mandatory requirements for equity/commodity/forex markets. Mandatory things are discipline, ability to accept boredom / risk, a well organized money management policy are the basics required.

Boredom / patience = 99% market is against your strategy; 1% for you; many fails here.

My view and what I followed : Done paper trading for 6 months in the following sequence: Equity / Commodity / CDS; refrained from entering market, even invited, market will; settled with simple to aggressive strategies for different market scenarios. Use only only 10% of your total retirement benefits for entering markets. All the best and always remember it's your money, not market's. :thumb: