members discussion forum

TraderRavi

low risk profile
at present only "thread owner" can write posts in members discussion forum. my suggestion is allow users in thread owner's friends list/networking list to post in the thread.

at present only "thread owner" can write posts in members discussion forum. my suggestion is allow users in thread owner's friends list/networking list to post in the thread.
But if the friend turns "less friendly" then remove him from posting ? Will be difficult monitoring these friends lists for different threads. But let us check up with Tech dept to see if some better solution can be worked out.

Smart_trade

But if the friend turns "less friendly" then remove him from posting ? Will be difficult monitoring these friends lists for different threads. But let us check up with Tech dept to see if some better solution can be worked out.

Smart_trade
I think that vBulletin 3 has a provision for groups, where a member can start his group and the entry is discretionary - either for all or only by invitation or by the friends's list. That sounds like a good idea. The group starter can moderate that group.

Verde

Forums are for public discussion. Any restriction to a closed user group kills that purpose. The number of views per post in the members discussion forum is very low because of that.
Even if a closed group can be created, it will shut out posts that could have value.
Better the thread starter moderates his thread and open to all.

Forums are for public discussion. Any restriction to a closed user group kills that purpose. The number of views per post in the members discussion forum is very low because of that.
Even if a closed group can be created, it will shut out posts that could have value.
Better the thread starter moderates his thread and open to all.
But those posts can be quoted elsewhere in the forum.