Medved Quotetracker

Hi all,

It seems quotetracker is not updating intraday quotes from nseindia.com from
past few days.Does anybody having the same issue?

Let me know

Thanks

stockcrazy said:
Hi all,

It seems quotetracker is not updating intraday quotes from nseindia.com from
past few days.Does anybody having the same issue?

Let me know

Thanks

Friends I am unale to see option for downloading NSE date in Quotracker. Can someone please explain how to add the NSE data in Quotetracker.

Hello,
Go to options in the tool bar select webupdate and update quote tracker.Choose the items you want to update but must compulsorly choose the required items in the list plus the NSE site updates. Then restart QT again go to files - select sites or in the site window you can select NSE india Real time free. Then go to portfolio and add the NSE scrip code of the scrip you want to watch and press the Auto refresh or Manual refresh button on the left top hand corner of QT. This should get you going. Make sure to put a space betwwen various scrip codes when you are adding them to the portfolio.

Saji

Hello

one more thing you have to do is go to options -Edit preferences- Timing- Synchronize time. When you enter scrip codes of NSE in some cases instead of space mentioned earlier you may have to do the following

You can either add several stocks or a single detailed stock. The top part allows you to add several symbols at one time. Type in the symbols, separated by spaces or commas and click the Add button.
Note: When adding symbols that contain spaces or commas, enclose the symbol with single quotes so that the space or comma is not seen as a new symbol, such as 'ABC DE' or 'MSFT,Q'.

The bottom part allows you to add a single symbol in detail. Enter the symbol and your holdings for the symbol and click the Add button.

The new symbols will added to the end of the portfolio. You can then drag and drop the symbol on the portfolio to rearrange the order. Also see Edit Portfolio screen.

hi does one use QT only for viewing intra data only or historical data can also be viewed. if yes, pl tell me how to do it?
regards

saji oommen said:
Hello

one more thing you have to do is go to options -Edit preferences- Timing- Synchronize time. When you enter scrip codes of NSE in some cases instead of space mentioned earlier you may have to do the following

You can either add several stocks or a single detailed stock. The top part allows you to add several symbols at one time. Type in the symbols, separated by spaces or commas and click the Add button.
Note: When adding symbols that contain spaces or commas, enclose the symbol with single quotes so that the space or comma is not seen as a new symbol, such as 'ABC DE' or 'MSFT,Q'.

The bottom part allows you to add a single symbol in detail. Enter the symbol and your holdings for the symbol and click the Add button.

The new symbols will added to the end of the portfolio. You can then drag and drop the symbol on the portfolio to rearrange the order. Also see Edit Portfolio screen.

kgsirasangi said:
Please see following thread in which various aspects of quotetracker are discussed.

http://www.traderji.com/software/26...quotetracker-free.html?highlight=quotetracker
hi kgsirasangi
actually i did go thru that thread and as per pdf file posted , on page 3 it is said that to check rates after market time press manual button. i do it but nothing happens.
that is why my query.
but i am able to get indices rates so i must be on track and i am missing something v basic
pl help
regards

ragh_ash,

quotetracker shows intraday-data only if it is downloaded during market hours. After market hours it cannot download any data as no data is coming from NSE. Even during market hours, If you start qt at say 14.00hrs, data will be collected from 14.00hrs. Thus it is necessary to keep qt on from 10.00 t0 15.00hours if we want to get full day data. Back filling of intraday data is available only from paid venders if we are their customers. Auto button gets intraday data continuously whereas manual button gets data only once, during market hours.
Regarding historical daily data, yahoo gives data if configured accordingly.

Regards

kgsirasangi said:
ragh_ash,

quotetracker shows intraday-data only if it is downloaded during market hours. After market hours it cannot download any data as no data is coming from NSE. Even during market hours, If you start qt at say 14.00hrs, data will be collected from 14.00hrs. Thus it is necessary to keep qt on from 10.00 t0 15.00hours if we want to get full day data. Back filling of intraday data is available only from paid venders if we are their customers. Auto button gets intraday data continuously whereas manual button gets data only once, during market hours.
Regarding historical daily data, yahoo gives data if configured accordingly.

Regards
thanks friend
i suspected as much, but i still wanted to confirm
thanks again
regards

ragh_ash said:
hi kgsirasangi
actually i did go thru that thread and as per pdf file posted , on page 3 it is said that to check rates after market time press manual button. i do it but nothing happens.
that is why my query.
but i am able to get indices rates so i must be on track and i am missing something v basic
pl help
regards
It works but only when QT was up during the market hours.

Regards,
--Ashish