Mechanical trading

ksesha

Hi,

I want to automate trades based on technical indicators like Supertrend, or 20 period high/low breakouts etc . One thing I understood so far is to get NISM series VIII certification.

Everybody is talking about plugins, datafeed and AFL, Python programming

I am looking for mechanical trades without any manual confirmation. Prefer solutions not involving additional software like amibroker, tradestation and datafeed subscriptions.

Please suggest me whether it is possible with any broker/software and the procedure to follow.

marimuthu13

Hi,

I want to automate trades based on technical indicators like Supertrend, or 20 period high/low breakouts etc . One thing I understood so far is to get NISM series VIII certification.

I am looking for mechanical trades without any manual confirmation. Prefer solutions not involving additional software like amibroker, tradestation and datafeed subscriptions.

Please suggest me whether it is possible with any broker/software and the procedure to follow.
I think you have to for ALGO trading... Google It you will get many ALGO companies for your needs

ksesha

I think you have to for ALGO trading... Google It you will get many ALGO companies for your needs
Thanks for the quick reply sir. I have been exploring for weeks but unfortunately could not come across any solution without Amibroker, AFL and datafeed.

Appreciate if you could provide some leads/direction.

suri112000

Thanks for the quick reply sir. I have been exploring for weeks but unfortunately could not come across any solution without Amibroker, AFL and datafeed.

Appreciate if you could provide some leads/direction.
Any robot needs some cue to act. Tell me where from the cue is generated. The cue is important because the robot has to generate buy/sell signals externally out of the scope of your trading terminal. The interaction between your trading terminal and robot which gets cues seamlessly and matching confirmation from your trading terminal is crucial. Look for programmes which take cues from trading terminal price flickers and the robot does the execution of the trade. But this procedure is cumbersome and needs high level programming expertise provided you have a working algo strategy.

Hi,

I hope u know that for mechanical trading u need to use some software and some codes to identify buy/sell setup.
BTW Without quality datafeeds how will your strategy make relaltime trades. ? :confused:
For mechanical trades without manual confirmation u need to have dealer trading terminal. Ask ur broker for the requirements. Some NISM certifications is needed.

ksesha

I hope u know that for mechanical trading u need to use some software and some codes to identify buy/sell setup.
BTW Without quality datafeeds how will your strategy make relaltime trades. ? :confused:
For mechanical trades without manual confirmation u need to have dealer trading terminal. Ask ur broker for the requirements. Some NISM certifications is needed.
Thank you. I recently got the certification and now looking for a broker which can provide this kind of dealer terminal.
My strategy is simple buy when supertrend gives buy signal and sell when it gives a sell signal on a 5 min time frame on NIFTY future. Always in trade oneway or the other.

Last edited:

ksesha

Any robot needs some cue to act. Tell me where from the cue is generated. The cue is important because the robot has to generate buy/sell signals externally out of the scope of your trading terminal. The interaction between your trading terminal and robot which gets cues seamlessly and matching confirmation from your trading terminal is crucial. Look for programmes which take cues from trading terminal price flickers and the robot does the execution of the trade. But this procedure is cumbersome and needs high level programming expertise provided you have a working algo strategy.
The cue in my mind are the alerts based on expert adviser or indicators from brokers charts. Is there any such trading terminal offered by any ?