(MCX Comedy..Errr. Commodity) - How to Fake your Trade

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
how do u get monte carlo tab in reports result. How do u do monte carlo test (please share screenshot of monte carlo setting tab)

I am slightly offline man, only good in copy paste. sorry for bothering u bro.

vishal7176

@ Tuna Bhai
congrats to your new mechanical system .
Actually main point to place order without automatic is time consuming . If buy/sell signal come during data release we miss our price and miss exact price /emotion /greed /fear will come at trading .

Wish you happy trading,ALL THE BEST and waiting for your real time trading result .

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
@ Tuna Bhai
congrats to your new mechanical system .
Actually main point to place order without automatic is time consuming . If buy/sell signal come during data release we miss our price and miss exact price /emotion /greed /fear will come at trading .

Wish you happy trading,ALL THE BEST and waiting for your real time trading result .
Yes agree 100%. That is the very reason to keep something at higher TF. Chances of missing out happens when you are a part time trader and running a semi automatic setup and TF is 5 , 10 or 15 mins.

And the entries are on candle closure on hourly - thats an intentional lag to discount the advantage of impulsive reversals (of course a safe SL will be there) based on news based spikes.

Backtesting was done factoring in all the possible drawbacks a semi automatic platform will have for a part time trader - and that made my setup a lot painstaking to code.

Anyways, let see how it goes. What bothers me the over dependence on push bullet when I am away. If their web service is down, it gonna hurt real bad. I am adding twitter feed as well as a fall back now.

Selected MCX segment fot obvious reason as evenings we are at home. Most signals are either at open or at noon, but max after US opens.

I did contacted Robo traders and like - pricing is way to much and even worse I have to reveal my setup - thats like showing my card in the game of blackjack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vishal7176

@ Tuna bhai
If you are decided commodity as a silver , why not choose as CFD mkt for your trading. There is lots of Robo software with minimal cost and you also twick them as your own requirement with lowest slippage . Its only free suggestion , its callled free kaa gyaan c***na. :)

Tuna

@ Tuna bhai
If you are decided commodity as a silver , why not choose as CFD mkt for your trading. There is lots of Robo software with minimal cost and you also twick them as your own requirement with lowest slippage . Its only free suggestion , its callled free kaa gyaan ch**na. :)
CFD ? Sorry a little elaboration wont hurt. Any Robo trader you are aware of with decent pricing?

Tuna

Hmmm

Tuna

how do u get monte carlo tab in reports result. How do u do monte carlo test (please share screenshot of monte carlo setting tab)

I am slightly offline man, only good in copy paste. sorry for bothering u bro.
You probably need to upgrade your platform. The Monte Carlo is something if used carefully can optmize your risk ratio in a great way. It is a mathematical model created for some other purpose. In trading what it does , it randomize all the past samples of trading in multiple iterations ( I guess max upto 10000 times, thats huge) and tells you, ok in last 5 years based on your setup if worst sequence of all possible losing trades happens , how much drawdown will u have.

So essentially , on silver if I traded the same system I posted the statistics, if I started my journey, with 1 lakh , 10 qty , there was a chance of 1 % of having 99% drawdown - highly unlikely that all bad trades of 5 year duration will happen 1 after another.

But what if that happens?

So once you change the risk to 1 lakh 5 qty or 2 lakh - 10 qty ; your drawdown goes to 47% odd I guess. That is worst case your account will still survive the worst event and remain tradable.

See for me switching to mechanical is bit easier as I had been exposed to emotional tug of war in discretionary world. Now I have something which is just my own style , only the code generates the signal and frees me from staying in front of the screen. Yes it will fail at times just like the way I failed earlier. The code is not wiser even by a nano grade than me.

All I wanted to when building the system- strengthen the risk deployment and money management part and wanted to visualise the worst case scenario .

Monte Carlo is a great method. Now again things can happen what is not in out control- like we see broker platform is down, stoploss order can not get triggered etc. can’t help those.

We generally focus more on win rate and Car/ MDD ratio but Monte carlo will tell you how many holes the trading system got in its inner.

Even before coming to Ami B this is what I used to focus whenever I backtested anything . Most of the good trading platform would have this.

Last edited:

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
CFD ? Sorry a little elaboration wont hurt. Any Robo trader you are aware of with decent pricing?

i m using rcrt robo, you need not show him ur code. 766 pm for single script and 2000 for multi script