maximum lot size nifty

hi friends,

I have been trading the index futures for three months, with one or two lot sizes. now I want to increase the lot size to 20 or maybe 30.. anyone traded with these quantities here?, I am worried about the execution, at times a single lot size skips the sl order. At other times the SL is hit even though price charts are showing otherwise. Although these issues happen like once in a week, which can be managed, but I am thinking that with 30 lots, these issues would happen more often and perhaps skew the result inversely.
Anyone with experience of more than 10 lots please help, thanks.

hi friends,

I have been trading the index futures for three months, with one or two lot sizes. now I want to increase the lot size to 20 or maybe 30.. anyone traded with these quantities here?, I am worried about the execution, at times a single lot size skips the sl order. At other times the SL is hit even though price charts are showing otherwise. Although these issues happen like once in a week, which can be managed, but I am thinking that with 30 lots, these issues would happen more often and perhaps skew the result inversely.
Anyone with experience of more than 10 lots please help, thanks.
Before getting in to u r question .. as said by u .. in last three months with 1 or 2 lots .. r u in profit ?

nadiyakinare

are you using sl or sl-M.... stoploss limit orders in Indian market are joke. thats how sl does not work in other markets but here SEBI also not doing anything to stop this foolishness.

am using cover orders or Bracket orders, and yea I agree they are a joke, but I feel that is something which we have to live. it is not a function of the brokers platform but a slew of factors such as liquidity and the nse software speed etc.

yes sir,
that is why considering increasing lot size.
great .. then go double the qty and after three months again add some more lot .. ur trading system might have worked good in this phase of mkt .. we dont not know what the next phase in coming weeks .. mkt suddenly move up or crash .. so keep increasing qty in phased manner .. i could be wrong as usual ..

great .. then go double the qty and after three months again add some more lot .. ur trading system might have worked good in this phase of mkt .. we dont not know what the next phase in coming weeks .. mkt suddenly move up or crash .. so keep increasing qty in phased manner .. i could be wrong as usual ..
yeah..that was the plan to start with, but going all in quickly is the lure, you know the devils trick of quick money temptation! but I guess you are right should go in a phased manner.

nadiyakinare

am using cover orders or Bracket orders, and yea I agree they are a joke, but I feel that is something which we have to live. it is not a function of the brokers platform but a slew of factors such as liquidity and the nse software speed etc.
in cover orders and bracket orders, SL hits on market order at that price. so what you are facing is slippage and thats legit

nadiyakinare

what u Exactly want to say .. i am sorry ..i cant understand
I was talking about SL- LIMIT order working, that they should only fail to get filled if market moves gap up or gap down. otherwise exchanges are responsible for not filling even if they had high liquidity. but they do drama of trigger price and different execution system for stoploss as their protocol...

Last edited: