maximum lot size nifty

I was talking about SL- LIMIT order working, that they should only fail to get filled if market moves gap up or gap down. otherwise exchanges are responsible for not filling even if they had high liquidity. but they do drama of trigger price and different execution system for stoploss as their protocol...
sorry bro .. still i dont understand and let us leave this here as it is ..

mohan.sic

hi friends,

I have been trading the index futures for three months, with one or two lot sizes. now I want to increase the lot size to 20 or maybe 30.. anyone traded with these quantities here?, I am worried about the execution, at times a single lot size skips the sl order. At other times the SL is hit even though price charts are showing otherwise. Although these issues happen like once in a week, which can be managed, but I am thinking that with 30 lots, these issues would happen more often and perhaps skew the result inversely.
Anyone with experience of more than 10 lots please help, thanks.

don worry... ** 20-30 lots is peanuts in nifty order book....

**reg stop loss .. need to place the limit @ more than 3 pnts to trigger or place a market sl. Stop loss skip in index is not due to liquidity problem.. we need to consider the level of instrument. If, for a 100 rs stock we place a sl of 0.1, ideally it comes to 12 rs for 12000 level. But usually we place at 1 or 2 rs, and later think that as execution issues. So reasonable gap between trigger and limit will do help.

SL is hit even price chart is showing otherwise - This is wrong notion. SL hits when price hits the trigger. Chart may or may not update, its not concern for execution.

don worry... ** 20-30 lots is peanuts in nifty order book....

**reg stop loss .. need to place the limit @ more than 3 pnts to trigger or place a market sl. Stop loss skip in index is not due to liquidity problem.. we need to consider the level of instrument. If, for a 100 rs stock we place a sl of 0.1, ideally it comes to 12 rs for 12000 level. But usually we place at 1 or 2 rs, and later think that as execution issues. So reasonable gap between trigger and limit will do help.

SL is hit even price chart is showing otherwise - This is wrong notion. SL hits when price hits the trigger. Chart may or may not update, its not concern for execution.
thanks for the input, although my tp is normally 10-15 points so distance between trigger and sl cant be more than 1 rs. I have had sl hit after 12 points once, but it was when the price broke major support area. i think i just have to live with it. and yeah it could be a chart issue, at times the movement is so fast that it doesnt show in the charts so agree there.

Schatz

thanks for the input, although my tp is normally 10-15 points so distance between trigger and sl cant be more than 1 rs. I have had sl hit after 12 points once, but it was when the price broke major support area. i think i just have to live with it. and yeah it could be a chart issue, at times the movement is so fast that it doesnt show in the charts so agree there.
if ur tp is 10-15 pts .. whats ur risk per trade? .. lets assume std concept of 1:2 .... so u risk 7 pts per trade...now
what is ur hit ratio? ..more than 60% or 70% ?

once u answer those clearly we can help u better

mohan.sic

That's not the point.
Yes your target can be only for 10-15 points where you are kind of scalping in index. That's fine and your sl can be your choice. My point is limited to distance between trigger and limit price in the SL order. That is, when you place only 1 point as difference, even during little volatility, your order may go pending without execution. If you are lucky, nifty may come back and your pending order can get traded or if nifty runsaway you will be on prob.

if ur tp is 10-15 pts .. whats ur risk per trade? .. lets assume std concept of 1:2 .... so u risk 7 pts per trade...now
what is ur hit ratio? ..more than 60% or 70% ?

once u answer those clearly we can help u better
never calculated my hit rate, but i log on every day aiming , for 15-20 points, sl is bw 7-10 points, avg win is about 10-13 points. certain days am breaking even, other days i have lost, overall i get a positive by the end of the week for about 20-30 points. i know its nothing but lets say if i can someday play with 50 lots, it becomes a lot of money