Markets & After hours

Really Really Wonderful post DSM... Please do post more of these daily... :clap::thumb::clapping:

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others including Love. One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all repaired their boats and left. Love wanted to persevere until the last possible moment. When the island was almost sinking, Love decided to ask for help. Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said, "Richness, can you take me with you?" Richness answered, "No, I can't. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you."

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel, "Vanity, please help me!" "I can't help you Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat." Vanity answered. Sadness was close by so Love asked for help, "Sadness, let me go with you." "Oh.... Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!" Happiness passed by Love too, but he was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her!

Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come Love, I will take you." It was an elder. Love felt so blessed and overjoyed that he even forgot to ask the elder his name. When they arrived at dry land, the elder went his own way. Love realizing how much he owed the elder and asked Knowledge, another elder, "Who helped me?" "It was Time," Knowledge answered. "Time?" asked Love. "But why did Time help me?" Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered, "Because, only Time is capable of understanding how great Love is."

stock72

One day when a child on the sea shore played by bringing the sea water and pour in a small hand made pit ...
a saint came and asked the kid " what u r doing? "
the kid replied "going to pour all of the sea water in to this pit"

saint laughed and asked " how it possible ?.. the sea is so huge "
kid in turn asked softly to the saint " when u are trying to see god with your knowledge why i cant ?"

--------------
read some where

DSM

Thank you folks for the appreciation of this thread.... the credit for the words, stories, messages, pictures or jokes goes to the person who made them up. I am just sharing some things that I have in my collection or receive in the mail.... or if I read something insightful, just take a little bit of effort to share it with you. Request you folks as well to post what good or inspiring stuff you find. Thanks. Here's another story :

According to an ancient Indian tale, there was once a mouse that was in constant distress and worry about the cat. A magician had pity on the mouse and turned it into a cat. But then the cat was scared of the dog. So the magician turned it into a dog. But the dog was now afraid of the panther. So the magician turned it into a panther. Where upon, as a panther it was full of fear of the hunter.... At this point, the magician gave up, and turned it back into a mouse again saying 'Nothing I do for you is going to be of any help, because you have the heart of a mouse.....'

stock72

one more rat story

a rat crosses the road with its kids ... suddenly a cat appeared and the mother rat ranway and hide .. but poor child rat is standing shivering in front of the cat ...

The mother watching this hinding behind a bush .. think qucikly to save it kids.. did a trick and cat ran away immediate ...

Just barked like dog .. so knowing one more language is always useful...

amitrandive

Got Problems? Good!

Source:http://celebratelove.wordpress.com/page/2/

Life works. It works in direct proportion to the way you work it. It is working just the way you have planned it. If you are saying to yourself, “This is simply not true!” you most likely do not have a written plan. No plan is a plan to have things happen the way they happen. Consider the fact that your life is the way it is because of the choices you have made up to this point.

Got problems? Good! Why do I say good? Because problems call attention to that which is in need of a fix!

You must accept responsibility for your choices and for the consequences of your actions. Accept responsibility for the way things are. If you don’t like the way things are, change them. Unless you have a plan for life to be different than it is right now, life will continue to show up the way it always has for you. Be accountable to yourself.

“When things work; take the credit. When things don’t work, take the heat.” ~ Larry James

Accept responsibility that we cause most of the problems that occur in our life. Most of life’s predicaments are predictable. We don’t seem to learn from our difficulties so we get to experience the same predicament again. Not learning from adversity makes your life’s predicaments predictable. Problems by design are repetitive. If we don’t learn the lesson the problem presents the first time, we can predict with a high degree of reliability that it will occur again.

Ever wonder why you make the same mistakes or have the same problems over and over again? Not paying attention may be an answer. Thinking you have no control over what happens to you is another. The measure of a man’s progress is not whether he has a tough problem to deal with, it’s whether it’s the same problem he had last year.

Upsets are prolonged by rehearsing them in your mind. Quit wallowing in your difficulties. If you want quick recovery from your problems, learn to quickly change your mental image of the problem. For things to be different, you must do things differently. How you have been won’t work. If how you have been in the past isn’t working, you must learn to change the way you do things.

My friend, Dr. Michael LeBoeuf, author of Imagineering, says that a mistake only proves someone stopped talking long enough to do something. When you do things, you will make mistakes. The secret is to learn from your mistakes and push forward. Never stay hooked to the past. The past is an energy drain. Focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want. You should only look back to learn from your mistakes and to see how far you’ve come. According to Oscar Wilde, experience is the name we give our mistakes.

It was Charles F. Kettering who said, “You will never stub your toe standing still. The faster you go, the more chance there is of stubbing your toe, but the more chance you have of getting somewhere.”

We all make errors. The miracle of error is the access to opportunity it presents – to learn from your mistakes. Mistakes cause problems. Accept responsibility for your problems. They don’t just happen.

del_66

Earlier this year, a group of bikers were riding out when they saw a girl about to jump off the Humber Bridge . So they stopped.
George, their leader, a big burly man of 53, gets off his Harley, walks through a group of gawkers, past the Policeman who was trying to talk her down off the railing, and says, "Hey Baby.....whatcha doin' up there on that railin'?" She says tearfully, "I'm going to commit suicide!!"

While he didn't want to appear "sensitive," George also didn't want to miss this "be-a-legend" opportunity either so he asked ..."Well, before you jump, Honey-Babe...why don't you give ole George here your best last kiss?"

So, with no hesitation at all, she leaned back over the railing and did just that ... and it was a long, deep, lingering kiss followed immediately by another even better one.
After they breathlessly finished, George gets a big thumbs-up approval from his biker-buddies, the onlookers, and even the Policeman, and then says, "Wow! That was the best kiss I have ever had, Honey! That's a real talent you're wasting, Sugar Shorts. You could be famous if you rode with me. Why are you committing suicide?"

"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl."
It's still unclear whether she jumped or was pushed.

del_66

An extremely modest man was in the hospital for a series of tests, the last of which had left his bodily systems extremely upset.

Upon making several false alarm trips to the bathroom, he decided the latest episode was another and stayed put. He suddenly filled his bed with diarrhea and was embarrassed beyond his ability to remain rational.

In a complete loss of composure he jumped out of bed, gathered up the bed sheets, and threw them out the hospital window.

A drunk was walking by the hospital when the sheets landed on him. He started yelling, cursing, and swinging his arms violently trying to get the unknown things off, and ended up with the soiled sheets in a tangled pile at his feet.

As the drunk stood there, unsteady on his feet, staring down at the sheets, a hospital security guard, (barely containing his laughter), and who had watched the whole incident, walked up and asked, "What the heck is going on here?"

The drunk, still staring down replied: "I think I just beat the sh!t out of a ghost."