Markets & After hours

4candles

bill clinton was never the president of the united states .......then who was??
Monica Lewinsky !!!

Role Reversal:

OK. Now that Monica Lewinsky was the President, lets rephrase the question.

Monica Lewinsky was never the president of the united states .......then who was??

:p :D

4candles

toocool

O.k. TC, Accepting your view, how can one explain market moves with regards to important policy decisions.? Last election UPA II came into power, and market hit two circuits the same day. It was surely not because of technicals, but an event affecting the markets. Technicals for bears (I am sure there would be hundreds of charts with negative patterns) would have been tossed out of the window, and bears would have turned bulls the very day. Satyam? Did it tank because technicals were bad or because news/event blew thru any bullish chart pattern/fibo-support-gann level etc?

Closer example of Infy results - Markets rallied up on good results. If the results had been bad, there would have been a corresponding drop in Infy. Now IF US DEFAULTS - What happens to all the bullish technical? There will be no bulls on day this happens.

Take your time, but would like to know of your thinking on this. Thanks.
....that markets are not driven by news
today i think we should talk about satyam saga which you had pointed out

see its complex , i do not fully understand it but the main thing is i/we generally trade the best of the best stocks , the top 200-300 stocks out of more than 6000 stocks , we do not trade penny stocks because penny stocks can and will be manipulated due to known reason of of any tom dick or harry with few crores rupees in hand can manipulate , it happens everyday i think so we wont talk about it , but since satyam was a blue chip , and it fell after the news surely , i think yes it was the news but also it was a liquid counter for sure too so after the news of company not having money in accounts all kind of rumours were there , initial reaction and pressure of selling surely made a techincal chain reaction ,because even the fundamentalist who seek value sold there stock in a panic when they came to know 6000 crores were missing from the accounts , so no one after that believed that the company and its directors have got any credibility and you dont wait to sell the stock once the credibility is gone with the wind , so yes suddenly fundamentals were gone to 0 within seconds the news came out and a chain reaction of everybody holding the stock selling and f&o selling lead to , from 190 rs to rs 6 in just 2 days .

see when we see only technical ,we are sure about the some kind of background of the company ..............that the company is not going to go bankrupt the next day we buy the stock ,but if it really happened for the people who suppose bought it just hours or minutes before the news came out then its the worst fear of an initial as well as long term investor .

there generally has to be some backing of fundamentals behind a stock before we trade it ,but after that fundamentals do not really help to make decisions and also news flow is always confusing to make sense out of it , exactly what is happening with nifty these days all media and all macros are so dull but markets wont listen made a huge "u" turn from 5100 to 6200 today , what else to make out of it ,that after the most basic necessary fundamentals that company or economy is here to stay the social mood are the driving factors :)

we all know that rnrl the company was initially was in joint hands of both ambanis , but after that of Anil's ....................it is still unknown that what the hell this company did in all those years when it was trading.............and in my knowledge it did nothing , it was supposed to be in natural gas business which never ever started even then the shares listed for 17 rs gone to 200+ ..................why?

because of the name behind it and faith (sentiment) behind its owners and their abilities.

i have always said sentiment drive the markets and these sentiments create patterns on the charts which are then used and understood by tools of technical analysis , natural tools

so we can see big contrast here ........1st company a blue chip suddenly fundamentals gone to almost 0 and the reaction was devastating because a big factor trust was breached

second a company with no real fundamentals no real business still gone to 17 to 200+ just on positive sentiments............a fundamentalist will not be able to trade this kind of stock only technical guys can :)

Last edited:

DSM

ShankChakri,

Since you asked - It's best to follow nobody. However, if you are still looking, I can tell you of one of the most honest analyst on TV - It's Sandeep Wagle. He comes on ET Now, and he gives his recommendation, and will follow it up the next day telling how much profit or loss it is in. I have never noticed any other analyst state how much loss their call made. Check this link, where I have posted my observation :

http://www.traderji.com/general-tra...584-most-honest-tv-analyst-sandeep-wagle.html
Hello. . can any one suggest Good Consultant for F&O intra day Trading. .

toocool

Perhaps you remember News Corporation's phone-hacking scandal in 2011. Who could forget the accusations of hacking and bribery? Along with the numerous full-scale investigations. The termination of a 168-year-old publication. And the host of arrests and resignations. The whole affair was shocking -- and a public relations disaster.

If you believe that news drives the stock market, then this fiasco was a sure-fire bearish omen for News Corp.’s stock.

Yet EWI's Asian-Pacific Financial Forecast -- which often analyzes individual stocks to provide additional evidence for trends in regional markets -- did not see it that way. Rather, Editor Mark Galasiewski (pronounced gala-SHEV-ski) told readers in the August 2011 issue that News Corp. stock was "in the process of forming [a] significant low." He called the scandal an "intermediate-term buy signal" and forecast that the stock would rally to new highs since its 2009 low.

Galasiewski's analysis flew in the face of conventional wisdom. But it was spot on. News Corp.’s stock bottomed just two days after the forecast, rose above its 2010 post-recession high, and has more than doubled in value, as you can see in the chart below.

Herein lies the beauty of Elliott wave analysis: EWI's analysts do not believe that news drives stocks but rather that individuals' collective social mood governs the buying and selling of stocks. And the Wave Principle suggests that this social mood is patterned and predictable. Our analysts use this method every day to forecast broad regional indexes, such as Australia's ASX, as well as individual stocks, such as News Corp.

http://www.elliottwave.com/freeupdates/archives/2013/04/02/How-News-Corp.-Stock-Doubled----Despite-the-Phone-Hacking-Scandal.aspx#axzz2i58AMXnD

There are loads of Sites claiming best services online. .any Good suggestions for paid services ???
Bamboo khana hai tu khud kaho..........kisi aur ko chance mat du........Tips means you have to start with minus........because they need advance 10-15k in a month.......you can use 1-2-4 formula......if you find any trend.........What I am doing..........If I get a buy trend in positional.........First I will buy..........1 lot BNF...........target 250 points........if trade goes against me.....and down 250 points........I will buy 2 lots.........Avg that.......two buy..........same ....if BNF down again...250 points....I will buy 4 lots.....Try it......it's for all member who searching for holy-grail........:thumb: it's famous correlation modified trading.......I am using it in BNF only......:thumb:

DSM

Thanks TC,

Remember that day. Was in the office, and saw Satyam drop to 40, which seemed like a bargain. I did not know the reason for the fall, but bought thousand shares it on instinct. Next day it tanked and I bought another thousand at 12 The lowest it made was 6 which I saw on the screen, which was 50% less than my last purchase price. By that time, the news was out, and analyst were divided about the worth or value of the company. I held on to this stock for over a year, and ultimately sold it for a small profit. One lesson I learnt from this was that there is no problem on entering any trade, as long as you understand the risk and the downside, and are willing to take it. If you can take and handle the worst case scenario, then there is no problem as any upside will take care of itself......

today i think we should talk about satyam saga which you had pointed out

see its complex , i do not fully understand it but the main thing is i/we generally trade the best of the best stocks , the top 200-300 stocks out of more than 6000 stocks , we do not trade penny stocks because penny stocks can and will be manipulated due to known reason of of any tom dick or harry with few crores rupees in hand can manipulate , it happens everyday i think so we wont talk about it , but since satyam was a blue chip , and it fell after the news surely , i think yes it was the news but also it was a liquid counter for sure too so after the news of company not having money in accounts all kind of rumours were there , initial reaction and pressure of selling surely made a techincal chain reaction ,because even the fundamentalist who seek value sold there stock in a panic when they came to know 6000 crores were missing from the accounts , so no one after that believed that the company and its directors have got any credibility and you dont wait to sell the stock once the credibility is gone with the wind , so yes suddenly fundamentals were gone to 0 within seconds the news came out and a chain reaction of everybody holding the stock selling and f&o selling lead to , from 190 rs to rs 6 in just 2 days .

see when we see only technical ,we are sure about the some kind of background of the company ..............that the company is not going to go bankrupt the next day we buy the stock ,but if it really happened for the people who suppose bought it just hours or minutes before the news came out then its the worst fear of an initial as well as long term investor .

there generally has to be some backing of fundamentals behind a stock before we trade it ,but after that fundamentals do not really help to make decisions and also news flow is always confusing to make sense out of it , exactly what is happening with nifty these days all media and all macros are so dull but markets wont listen made a huge "u" turn from 5100 to 6200 today , what else to make out of it ,that after the most basic necessary fundamentals that company or economy is here to stay the social mood are the driving factors :)

we all know that rnrl the company was initially was in joint hands of both ambanis , but after that of Anil's ....................it is still unknown that what the hell this company did in all those years when it was trading.............and in my knowledge it did nothing , it was supposed to be in natural gas business which never ever started even then the shares listed for 17 rs gone to 200+ ..................why?

because of the name behind it and faith (sentiment) behind its owners and their abilities.

i have always said sentiment drive the markets and these sentiments create patterns on the charts which are then used and understood by tools of technical analysis , natural tools

so we can see big contrast here ........1st company a blue chip suddenly fundamentals gone to almost 0 and the reaction was devastating because a big factor trust was breached

second a company with no real fundamentals no real business still gone to 17 to 200+ just on positive sentiments............a fundamentalist will not be able to trade this kind of stock only technical guys can :)

DSM

Thanks TC,

Elliott Wave is fine in as far as the initial waves are concerned. Later, it all goes out of the window. The computers cannot count it, and if you have two Elliotticians in the room, you will get 3 different versions of the count. That is my understanding. The most famous Elliottician is Robert Pretcher - who has called the market turn correctly, but is also famous for getting it entirely wrong.... Just my view - that the market is bit of everything, and not 100% correct in one thing or by one single theory. Else it would have been cracked by computers - which ofcourse is done largely by Renassiance Technologies, but they use data mining to find statistically proven and valid co-relation between thousands of variables. More on that some day later.....

Perhaps you remember News Corporation's phone-hacking scandal in 2011. Who could forget the accusations of hacking and bribery? Along with the numerous full-scale investigations. The termination of a 168-year-old publication. And the host of arrests and resignations. The whole affair was shocking -- and a public relations disaster.

If you believe that news drives the stock market, then this fiasco was a sure-fire bearish omen for News Corp.’s stock.

Yet EWI's Asian-Pacific Financial Forecast -- which often analyzes individual stocks to provide additional evidence for trends in regional markets -- did not see it that way. Rather, Editor Mark Galasiewski (pronounced gala-SHEV-ski) told readers in the August 2011 issue that News Corp. stock was "in the process of forming [a] significant low." He called the scandal an "intermediate-term buy signal" and forecast that the stock would rally to new highs since its 2009 low.

Galasiewski's analysis flew in the face of conventional wisdom. But it was spot on. News Corp.’s stock bottomed just two days after the forecast, rose above its 2010 post-recession high, and has more than doubled in value, as you can see in the chart below.

Herein lies the beauty of Elliott wave analysis: EWI's analysts do not believe that news drives stocks but rather that individuals' collective social mood governs the buying and selling of stocks. And the Wave Principle suggests that this social mood is patterned and predictable. Our analysts use this method every day to forecast broad regional indexes, such as Australia's ASX, as well as individual stocks, such as News Corp.

http://www.elliottwave.com/freeupdates/archives/2013/04/02/How-News-Corp.-Stock-Doubled----Despite-the-Phone-Hacking-Scandal.aspx#axzz2i58AMXnD

Bamboo khana hai tu khud kaho..........kisi aur ko chance mat du........Tips means you have to start with minus........because they need advance 10-15k in a month.......you can use 1-2-4 formula......if you find any trend.........What I am doing..........If I get a buy trend in positional.........First I will buy..........1 lot BNF...........target 250 points........if trade goes against me.....and down 250 points........I will buy 2 lots.........Avg that.......two buy..........same ....if BNF down again...250 points....I will buy 4 lots.....Try it......it's for all member who searching for holy-grail........:thumb: it's famous correlation modified trading.......I am using it in BNF only......:thumb:
Now the question is..............Why i am doing this crime or murder........as my signature says......I will not add losing position..........that question was asked by respected .........rkkarnani.........

Here is my answer.............first of all the signature was made whey I was pure day trader...........intraday...........avg down is heavy risky.........it's pure crime......but in positional it's not crime........if you have strong method.......you can easily beat the operator......Why it's not crime......here also answer........My goal is 1+2+4=7 lots........... but I buy only 1 lots.....

I will never exceed above 7 lots..........so after 7 lots if I buy again it will be crime..........So upto 7 lots it's not my losing position.....it's per-determined....as I know market can go against me.......hope I can answer you all.......:thumb:

Last edited: